Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 12:45 PM   #26
Polenicus
Generation 1
Need Help - Kitbash/Repair Masterpiece Starscream

Okay, here's the issue. A few days ago, Starscream took a dive off a high shelf onto a wooden floor. Damage? A minor chip to his foot, which is easily repairable (Got the piece, not load bearing) and the ball joint that holds the hip kibble on snapped clean off.

It's the second that's the issue. As this is a load-bearing piece, subject to torsional stress and constant weight, I can't see any glue or epoxy holding it satisfactorily, so I have two options.

1. Drill a hole in the ball joint and hip and attempt to use a screw to pin the two back together.

2. Perform a customization such as this: http://www.tfans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=54417

Unfortunately, aside from doing the arm mod on Armada Prime (To allow the arms in super mode to free-rotate) I've never done any customizing or repair work. And Masterpiece Starscream is kinda expensive to learn on.

So I was hoping there was a Toronto-area transfan with experience with this sort of thing that could help guide me? I'm willing to do the work myself, I just kind of need a mentor I can post questions to, who can give advice on tools, glues, how to do things like those custom posts in option #2, etc.

Anyone willing to help me out?
Polenicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.