Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #6
justprime
Animated
Re: Transformers and the TMNT Effect..

I understand the marketing behind the repaints and reissue of popular characters I agree in part with GMfan101 however I also look at this in another direction, and am siding more with Blurrz.
1)what about us the collectors?.. for me it has been since 84 and yes I am tired of repaints in paticular ones that are unmodified (at least change somthing in the mold to make it a new figure its not that hard,.. look at the G1 color mixmaster new head sculpt) I am selective and usally do not buy repaints by the way however....I would like to see pieces like the third arcee twin or the seventh constuctacon (at least they were on screen unlike some of the other pieces that have been released under the Movie banner) I also don't think that Hasbro needs to cut back on the more popular characters release as this is sales core,... why not support the collectors more though posibly with limited production release mail in's not just a recolor such as ravage... this serves everyones interest and the mold can always be reused down the line to recoup cost (hate to say repaint)
2) I relise as most that the market is geared towards Children and thats were sales are but I have to ask this how many of these kids are over 12? botcons around the world are not over run with 12 year olds the high dollars spent at conventions, Ebay etc are not from most 12 year olds(unless there going on 40 "LOL") they are from the collectors who have fallen for this line of toys and are passionate about there hobby (no different then classic cars or memrobelia)and have kept this alive for 25 years...I personaly would like to see more insentive for the collectors and would like to (respectfuly) see Hasbro address our input and hopefuly our needs which is the core of this letters response,.. this seems to no longer be "just a kids toy line" just ask most here on this site.justprime
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.