Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-26-2023, 11:44 AM   #246
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: I just transformed...

Evo core Grimlock, no bot elbows, no dino jaw (unforgivable!), and the combiner leg is a stupid block
But the bot mode is … passable, even if it sacrifices too much for all the functions is has to perform - and I don’t completely hate the dino mode, looks nice enough amongst the other core dinos
When Snarl comes out I’ll see if both can be reasonably fan-moded into better combiner legs; Grimlock can kind of stretch out to (just bot mode, standing up *groan*), maybe can accomplish something similar with the stego and possibly salvage the combiner’s worst aspect
But come on 3rd party, this guy NEEDS an articulated dino jaw!

Evo core NemesisPrime, axe is cool and distinguishes him nicely from Kingdom/Legacy core OP, even if mine has some bad mold flash on one side
(of course, that new Pulse 2-pack OP now comes with his own axe, so Nemmy’s gonna lose his distinguishing feature, natch)
(Maybe once the 2-pack is in hand, I’ll cannibalize Kingdom/Legacy’s blaster for NP to wield)

Velocitron Road Rocket, was gonna pass but found it for cheap @ TreasureHunt
Getting this after Ariel & Flamewar, I guess it’s OK enough
Transformation to bike is still complicated enough that I probably never would have figured it out sans instructions, which I can appreciate
The energon shuriken is still stupid tho

Velocitron Burn Out, after Skids & Crankcase, bit disappointing to see Skids’ weird wheel shoulders again, considering Crankcase’s are a bit better (not much, admittedly)
Also found this guy @ TreasureHunt, he’s missing his energon axe - weird how the stupid added bit has me missing it, it does look pretty cool w Skids
The new head is a nice preview for Crosscut, who I don’t have yet; maybe I’ll steal his wheels to replace Crosscut’s reds, as I’ve heard some have done

Velocitron Shadowstrip, this deco is dead sexy
Super pumped that the recent G2 subline revealed G2 DeadEnd, so reasonably safe to assume we’re getting all Legacy Stunticons in G2, helps rationalize that I probably overpaid for this guy

Evo Beachcomber, I’m surprised but this guy is actually really good!
Nice rubber tires, no clip wheels
Whole figure feels nice & thick, almost heavy, deceptively so
He’s got wrist swivels, where you’d think he wouldn’t, given the gauntlet’s nature that extends out underneath the fists, could have easily just been solid forearm stumps
I was one of those “the POTP is fine” guys, but this one is nice enough to be the new representation, POTP can just be “someone’s vehicle” now
Worried about that little parakeet, it’s really small and all rubber, I can see it getting lost easily

Evo Devcon, little disappointed with this one
Right out the gate, my copy from EB had two big QAs on his silver painted face - one came right off, the other is stuck right in the paint, a permanent beauty mark under the right eye, and given the whole “Evo wave 3 deluxe hard to find” aspect, wonder if I’ll have the opportunity to find a better face
Transformation is heavily retooled from 86 Blurr, made more simplistic (for better or worse), he’s just a “legs fold up at the knees, backpack flips over to cover the head” guy now, but with 86 Blurr’s hand swivel inside the gauntlets

Evo Twincast, I wish the smirk face had been Kingdom/Legacy/SG Blaster’s default face, adds the personality that I like
Also, getting Rewind is cool, but he’s like 50% clear plastic - I’d buy a little Selects cassette multipack, to get Rewind & Eject in full opaque plastic (may as well toss in Steeljaw & Ramhorn?)

ROTB “mainline” voyager Optimus Primal, maybe it’s sunk cost talking but I like this guy better than the recently announced SS
Also I grabbed a pair of ROTB gun-imal Primals, to be his dual hand-cannons - which serves the dual purpose of giving him a little munky family, a la Perfect Effect’s PC-19 Gorira Jr’s
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.