Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-20-2023, 12:03 PM   #241
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: I just transformed...

Buzzworthy Origins Jazz, man I really like this fig
86 Jazz is probably even better, but the widely-reported clear-plastic splitting car-roof on his back had me almost instantly relegating him to “display case only” - so for this Jazz, it’s a bit more fun to monkey around with him
Had a devil of a time finding one without any paint QAs visible from the “bust-only” cutout in the box; why they decided that his “fake car hood” chest needed to be painted clear-plastic is beyond me
Transformation is pretty basic shellforming with the CW-style compressing shins - I’m hesitant to peg either accessory into the roof peg (clear plastic split) or even the rear (painted grey feet, possible paint chipping) - the grap hook pegs nicely into his gut port, and I kind of just wedge the gun inbetween the shin plates with the barrel pointing up towards the pegged-in grap hook, works well enough and keeps the vehicle silhouette
Again, I like the figure, just got to be careful about potential for damage, is it sad that Hasbarp has me in this state?

Evo core Thundercracker, don’t know if I ever covered his earlier mold-mates but just to quickly call out that it’s really impressive to me how they pulled off this transformation at the core level - the “big pivot” is so well done, if you were 1st-timing the mold & trying to deduce how to commence the transformation, cracking that rib cage open would NEVER have been my first go-to
Similar to the ER seekers, I really wish their heads/faces weren’t so bald-faced bland & expressionless - I think nobody would flip the table if they at least gave Starscream a smirk

ROTB gun-imals Rhinox & Skullcruncher, not much to say but I like em - the croco-cannon is the Gatoraider we’ve been waiting for to give to TR Krok
Also I love sitting the rhino up on his butt with all his feet folded in & touching, reminds me of the “calm & meditating” Rhinox from the blind fart episode

Evo Shrapnel, haha I guess it’s to be expected but the more G1 accurate it is, that transformation is pretty damn basic
Beautiful figure though - the paint is gorgeous, headsculpt is on point, weapons combination gimmick is stupid but it can be ignored
Turning his head is a bit of a task - not a lot of room to grip & twist inbetween his big bug horns, and the head itself is pretty smooth, can’t get a great grip; inclination is to grab the helmet’s mohawk crest, but it’s fully painted black, I’d be nervous to put a
ton of pressure on it, and careful not to use one’s nails in such a tight space
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.