Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 01:17 PM   #36
burgerhui
Machine War
Re: Amiami or HLJ for Canadian

Is it a separate Amazon account that you need to create for Amazon Japan?

I used Hlj before and they are quite good (i got dinged with customs though so I may have been unlucky). The other place I order from is Robotkingdom. Just comparing prices around, their prices are not bad at all. (I pre-ordered MP tigatron from them and I think they had the lowest price all-in with EMS shipping).

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
HLJ allows cancellation of preorders but AmiAmi doesn’t (at least not through their website). Both collect money when in stock. Both offers a wide range of shipping methods. Usually CBSA won’t collect any HST + $10 processing fees for anything goes through their Mississauga custom for the GTA folks (not a guaranteed but true for most of the time for me). All Japanese sellers/stores declare full value.

I only use Anime Export for exclusives (not just TFs) that cannot be acquired from HLJ and AmiAmi. They don’t entertain cancellation, but if they couldn’t fulfill a preorder they do promptly refund you (happened once).

The other option for TakaraTomy MPs is Amazon Japan. Deep discounts and extremely fast and cheap DHL shipppng but they do collect tax upfront.

Due to my bad experiences with Nippon Yasan and have seen quite a few negative comments online in the last couple of years I have stopped shopping there. You can google it.
burgerhui is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.