Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #5
Joalro
Robot in Disguise
Re: XBox Kinect or PS3 Move ?

Personally, i really like motion controls. When done right, they can really improve the experience. Metroid Prime 3's control scheme worked better for me than most FPS. Never been of a fan of the double control stick. I feel that the motion control has a lot to offer.

On that note, I think the Kinect is doomed. It's abilities are very limited. Now don't get me wrong, it's an incredible piece of technology that is supposed to work very well. However, an alone human body is simply limited. Kinect will allow you to play volleyball, dance, and wave your arms to allow for petting imaginary animals, but it can never be integrated into regular gaming. Two racing games have both come out and look terrible. How can you, with your body, steer, accelerate, break, and for interesting racers, shoot and slide, all with your body? Both games found ways around this, but in the end you end up losing the feeling of control (as they auto accelerate for you).

Or a first person shooter. With your hands you can point your finger like a gun, but the technology is limited from there. You can look around by moving your hand, but shooting, moving around, jumping all get a bit difficult to add into the mix.

The Playstation move is very similar to the wii, however the technology supposedly works better. Now don't forget, it came out 5 years after the wii, so it's not like Sony hasn't had time to one up Nintendo. In fact, if the move wasn't better than the wiimote in terms of functionality, i'd wonder what the hell they've been doing all this time. At this time, the playstaition move does NOT have any huge name games out for it right now, but that is supposed to change relatively soon. The lineup for the beginning of next year is supposed to be fairly decent.

My opinion is that if you really want a great motion control system NOW, get a wii. If you can wait for a bit, pick up the Playstation move sometime next year. If you want to play with a tiger and then never use motion controls again, get the kinect.
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.