Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 09:49 PM   #18
Solauren
Generation 1
Re: **SPOILERS** - Netflix Kingdom, your thoughts?

My thoughts -

Visually - it was good, and toy/cartoon accuracy is great. (People are complaining about Galvatrons face not matching the toy. Okay, fine. I think they were doing what they did with the original transformers movie, and hiding Galvatrons connection to Megatron until the movie was out)

Pacing was bad, mostly caused by them all talking... so... freaking... slow..., and then them all moving... so... freaking... slow....

Each episode, if things had been paced better, and by that I mean speed of movement and speaking, would have been half the time. Ironically, that would have also allowed for more story telling that would clean up my issues with the series.

It was watchable, but felt like a 3 - 4 episode arc from the G1 era that got stretched out to 18 episodes.

Season 1 (Siege) was good. Anything that was introduced was explained. More character development would have been good.

Season 2 (Earthrise) was rushed. Way rushed. Too much was introduced without a lot of explanation. Anyone not familiar with Transformers would be wondering what the hell a Quintesson was, what Dead Space was, and who the hell Scorponok was, or who Unicron is.

Season 3 (Kingdom) made up for this by being rather straight forward, with quick explanations (comparable to Season 1s)

Overall, I'd give the series a B-.

Now, for my final nitpick, the common nitpick
The Voice acting.

The Voice actors all did a good job, with the material. If this was the first Transformers cartoon, A+.

However, and this is not the voice actors fault, nothing really matched up to how it should be, based on previous series. Yes, different continualities, etc, but this was CLEARLY G1/Beast Wars inspired. Matching up the voice actors and personalities would have have been awesome, and make the other issues easily forgiveable.
Solauren is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.