Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 11:55 PM   #3
Scowly Prowl
Calculating variables...
Re: I need advice about Robotech

Arcadia/Yamato 1/60 are about 8-10", or around 22 cm. They are beautiful, but are expensive. You have essentially forced to import them from overseas (Japan, basically).

Arcadia bought a number of molds from Yamato when they closed a few years ago, and they are slowly producing VF-1 hero figures at a rate of 1-2 per year. A new VF-1S or 1J Max/Miria with Super and Strike parts runs about $275 new. You can get older Yamato versions (basically the same) but you need to do your research, and all of them are used at this point. Yamato made a couple of Destroids, and they are very nice, but are around $175-200 at this time.

If you want to go bigger, older 1/48 Yamato figures are about the size of FT Dibots. They have basically the same transformation as the v2 1/60 versions, and are more detailed. However, they are less expensive on the used market, and they are about 10 years old at this point. That said, they are incredibly detailed and beautiful. A VF-1S with Super parts is about $250.

If I may, if you're not picky on perfect transformation, then may I suggest looking at the Bandai Hi-Metal R line? They are almost as good looking as the Arcadia/Yamato 1/60, but at half of the cost. You're look at a scale of around 1/90, so I don't know if that works for you.
Scowly Prowl is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.