View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 03:58 PM   #1919
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
It's sad but it happens. Cheaper for them to trash it then resell or resend back to the manufacturer.
Amazon I wish they would do price adjust on their items rather then buy a new one and send back, think of the other impacts on the environment as well.

France has outlawed the practice. In 2020 the passed a law basically making it impossible for most retail products to be destroyed/dumped. They have to donate, or redistribute the product.

It hit everyone from the small guy, all the way up to Amazon. It isn't a perfect solution, but it was a good start. Of course companies find ways to try and circumvent the law, but it definitely reduced the practice significantly. Though some think the big companies just kicked it down the chain to avoid the hassle. However I guess in the intended form it would see both a reduction in mass production/waste, and an increase in cheaper goods down the chain (ie liquidators).

I imagine a lot of other western/ 1st world countries will follow suit in the coming years.

Last edited by canprime; 01-20-2022 at 04:00 PM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.