Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 11:07 AM   #14
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: What figure surprised you? Good or bad.

Good:

I'd have to say Apeface. I was skipping it, seen lots of reviews, he didn't appeal to me. Found it for 5$ so "why not".

He IS a pain to snap correctly for that little final click, and it's amazing how solid he becomes when you get it. He is limited in some ways, but I've enjoyed it more than I expected.

RID Windblade: I didn't expect such a figure to be as fun as she is and has been a major favourite that no other figure since has really "stolen" her spot.

30th Chromia: she's an absolute darling of a figure.. the bad thing is getting the back wheels to close.

Bad:

Somehow Jetfire hits that twice.

The 30th is horribly fragile and for the price, I expected so much better.
Siege is a nice figure is many ways, but turned out that such a big figure doesn't have that much play value, and there's a lot of things that should have been done better for it, such as it's play value for the micromaster/headmaster is way too limited, and the amount of kibble in the plane's underbelly is bad for such a large figure. For the price, it should have been a lot better.

Kingdom Warpath... not so much that he's a bad figure, but the transformation is a pain, and I really was hoping for something that would give Generation a run (but it doesn't).

In the "both" category:

SS Blitzwing: he's a great figure, but the fact that he doesn't lock (chest) easily if at all (I found a way to make it hold) and the super cheap wing tips connectors.

Sunstreaker: Great figure and I love it, BUT absolutely crap gun/accessory, and the worst is the completely mix-matched paint/colours that makes him a horrible eyesore unless you are colour blind.

That's what comes to mind and not mentioning any figures that I consider so bad that I didn't even want to get them.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.