Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 07:25 PM   #6072
HeavyTread
Generation 1
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
WnR Leadfoot/Masterdominus arrived today, from .ca!

ELEPHANT BONEZ

Leadfoot turned out really nice, no clear-plastic in the parts ie. Siege Mirage
The ONLY only issue I find with him, is the paint:
- his head is caked in it, which makes conversion to alt mode a lil touchy, cause there's not a ton of clearance in there
- also, the two 5mm ports on the sides of his legs? where the two guns attach in alt mode - all that sparkly blue paint is beautiful, but those ports have the paint going right down into them - I'd be worried about attaching those guns multiple times, in case they carve the paint out

Masterdominus, I don't want to say he's a mixed bag, because I absolutely love the concept
But all his arm parts, for me, are quite loose - also they invented little "foreleg extender" pieces to increase his elephant height, and in bot mode, they're just kind of, there? Ractonite's bot arms were bad enough as it is, just being pegs - now we've got additional pegs sticking off the pegs? It's kind of, a lil bit maybe not-very-thought-through, like "ah just stick em on the arms, who cares"
It's a shame because his bot head retooling is very nice, and the tusks as an armguard/stabbers is cool, but he'll probably stay in elephant mode for me (which again, is very cool conceptually - how many elephant transformers you got?)
I got mine delivered today too. Totally agree on Leadfoot's head clearance.

With MasDom's extra leg bits, I like to peg them both onto one arm, one in the official spot, the other on the 5mm port on the end of the arm, to give him a sort-of crab claw.

Overall, very happy with this pair. Now I just have to wait for Bulkhead to be released from .ca limbo (or just get him from .com).
HeavyTread is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.