Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 12:47 AM   #24
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Haslab Victory Saber qc issues

OK so I opened mine:

- Star Saber grey painted mouthplate has similar curved scratches to what everyone shown
- thought Star Saber yellow painted crotch & painted knees had dings, but turned out they were just schmutzes that rubbed off easily enough
- Victory Leo chest gold chrome parts, the right side one has some extra gold chrome “flash” on the surrounding black plastic (this can probably be scratched off)
- when removing Brain of Courage from Saber’s chest compartment, noticed a teeny tiny bit of blue clear plastic came off - wife speculated it may have been a minuscule tab on the top of Saber’s visor piece, possibly to tab it into the underside of Saber’s helmet? If so, it’s about as relevant as Kingdom Cheetor’s neck tab thing (in that BoC prob connects in fine without it), but figured it was worth pointing out
- the painted blade of (Star Saber’s “star saber”?) has a tiny paint bubble on one side, which sucks, but I guess whatever?

Haven’t transformed them yet, though I think I stressed out Brain of Courage’s red circular neck bit there where the pin for Saber’s face flips, so be careful flipping him around too

Might contact Pulse & see if they could replace Star Saber’s headpiece, maybe the blade too? We’ll see

EDIT: OH SHIIIIII I just found a double use of same part! Star Saber’s hands, the articulated “four fingers” piece? It’s the same piece on both sides, instead of two symmetrical pieces - it actually is interfering with that whole “closing fist 5mm peg out” gimmick that Siege Jetfire started, on one side

Last edited by evenstaves; 12-11-2022 at 11:54 AM.
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.