Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 04:05 AM   #6
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 68 - What's a Machine Wars?

Ahh! When you guys mentioned for the BotCon Machine Wars figures using the Classics Perceptor mold, it was like a bolt of lightning, instantly reminding me of all those customs people did of him remolded as Classics Soundwave. They could do him (with new head and shoulder weapon) in Machine Wars colors as part of the box set and then in G1 colors as part of the souvenirs. Which would be a great idea for those 5 people who never picked up a Music Label Soundwave who is a 99.9% perfect Classics Soundwave already. And if the figure is really popular, I could see them repainting it again for next years subscription service as Soundblaster and/or Stalker.

I can also see them doing them a similar thing with all the other molds they choose to use. They could give almost every figure a new head because they could repaint them to death. Thundercracker and Skywarp would share the same mold and head remold, and then they could repaint him into BW2 Dirge, RiD Skyfire, Robot Masters Wingstun, and/or even DofP Waspinator. Same goes for Megaplex/Megatron and their various repaints. Actually, thinking back to what Daniel was saying that he could see the troop builder this year being all the same mold, but cast in different colors. They could totally do that with Megaplex. Make 1 in Megaplex colors, another in RiD Wind Sheer colors, and the last in BW2 Thrust colors.

As for the character development question, I believe you guys neglected to mention Armada Starscream. I think he was one of the best things to come out of the Unicron Trilogy era. It's a shame all his character development got thrown out the window for Energon. Even guys like Hot Shot and Megatron had some decent character development in that series. Hot Shot seemed to start to assume a more leadership role. Totally pulling a Hot Rod. And Megatron went from being an enemy to agreeing to ally with the Autobots to stop Unicron to sacrificing himself to defeat him. Again, too bad none of that really made it into Energon for much the same reason all the characters changed from Beast Wars to Beast Machines. New writers who knew little to nothing about the previous series.

I'm also surprised, though I could be wrong, but you guys didn't even mention any of the Japanese Trilogy. What about guys like Sixshot? How about all of Masterforce?

I also wanted to get your guys opinion of characters like Tarantulas who doesn't actually go through very much of change, it's more so we just learn about more and more about who they really are and what their true motivations are. Like peeling back layers of an onion. More like character exposition than character development. Question is that still considered character development?

As for the question about what 3rd party figures are you surprised we haven't gotten yet, BEAST WARS! I can't wait for PE's Lio and Big Convoys and Motobot Blackarachnia. Also, we need some "Masterpiece" Beast Wars figure. Whether they're 3rd party or official.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.