Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 03:12 PM   #9
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Voyager Ironhide Alt Mode In-Hand Images

Gee, I wonder where Ratchet's lightbar is going to peg on... lol.

What kinda bugs me about the alt mode, is the barber poles sticking out where the panels fold back. It's forgivable on a small legends sized figure, but here, it looks offputting.

It's annoying the yellow stripe is missing (maybe on a buzzowrthy bumblebee version?). I understand budgets being slashed, but as the prices go up and up and up, it's harder to excuse things like that being missing, or left to a third party Reprolabels to fill in. I'm sure the designers are doing their best, and its interesting to see the engineering development in the post John Warden TF world...

This is a huge step up from the Siege/Earthrise figure, and I'm glad I never bothered with either of those. I still dislike the skinny thighs and biceps, as it ruins the silhouette of the character for me. Ironhide was one of my favourite characters, so it's good that they're finally closer to a good mainline figure of him. I will give them lots of credit for figuring out how to make the front window properly become the chest.

I'm curious what the transformation is like, hopefully it is similar to the gymnastics of the MP, as that is the funnest transformation ever.
And, I still have a soft spot for the Classics Ironhide/Ratchet mold, which had a unique and challenging transformation. This new mold seems to have a lot of panels that fold in on themselves.

I hope this comes with the biggest blast effect ever to put on his back for when Megatron blasts him.

Last edited by Marcotron; 08-04-2022 at 03:19 PM.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.