Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 08:00 PM   #171
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: I just transformed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRav View Post
Took me awhile, but I finally got around to transforming Siege Ironhide. I just figured he was like Ratchet, so I left him in the box for a few months. There is one difference, at least I have an issue with Ironhide's head. It does not tuck in as nice as Ratchet's. I find I have to turn it sideways in order to close his chest/windshield up.

I don't like the clear windshield, so am trying to decide between Grey and Black windshield - I have some leftover toyhax labels from the Ratchet set that I figured I would play with.

Huh, I don't think I have to turn my ironhide's head.

I did notice one difference I had was the the "turntable" piece on my Ironhide that rotates the whole chest/head/arms assembly around for vehicle mode was quite stiff, to the point that turning it so that it would release and rotate required a scary amount of force. Ratchet doesn't hold up nearly as much.

And because I didn't go in for paid labels I fixed the clear chests in my Ratchet/Ironhide with a blue post-it note and bit of whiteout tape to replicate the opaque blue glass look from the G1 cartoon with the line of light/sheen on it. It's low tech and not as clean as professionally done stickers but it gets the job done. lol.

I'd post a picture but I don't have Ironhide on my shelf right now. Maybe I'll pull it out later and snap a pic.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.