Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 11:29 AM   #10
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator full and clear pic

Oh, look. It's the CW Devy Hype Train. But, wait. It's coming in too fast! Oh, no! It's flying off the tracks!! It's gonna crash!! Oh, the humanity!

Well, looks like I'm keeping my Green Giant.

It's one of the figures where it's like it's almost there, but not quite.

First thing I noticed was the Mixmaster foot. Jeez! It's like they took the cab off a minicon(maybe the one from Overload) and glued it onto a voyager truck.

Second, the arms: Scavenger and Bonecrusher. While I do like the idea of having the treads part of the torso, the top part of the vehicles are so small it does make the arms look skinny. The forearms aren't too bad. Neither are the hands. Looks like you can close the fists.

And finally the head. Yeah, he does have little bit of that shrunken head feel. I suspect it's because they either wanted to make him look more powerful, or they just didn't have room in the transformation. Although CW Optimus had a small head in photos, but when people got him in hand it wasn't so bad. So, who know?

I look forward to more pics. Especially of the robots and vehicles. But honestly, he's not too terrible. There's a lot of little things wrong with him that make me say, "What was Hasbro thinking?!" But he's not that bad. He's certainly not as good as everybody anticipated. I feel sorry for everyone at the Ontario Collectors Con yesterday who were selling their Hercs and Giants in favour of this with only a couple of blurry, obstructed photos to go off of. And now, the next day, we see this.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.