Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 04:07 AM   #121
ohnaji
Beasty
Re: All with Animated, what's your take?

This week I picked up Animated Voyager Prime, and both Animated Leader figures. I'm really impressed with all three of them.
Prime just looks amazing. The articulation is top notch, although an unencumbered swivel joint above the knee would've allowed for better more dynamic poses like on Animated Voyager SS. The weapon is a bit too abstract for my tastes, but it's huge and when mounted on the back makes it look like a funky jet pack.
Bulkhead has probably the most well thought out transformation sequence of any leader figure since movie leader Brawl. It has a great sculpt to boot, along with great articulation. I can't get the expression gimmick to work properly. I'm not sure if it's because of a weak spring or stiff pin joints. Regardless, it's a great toy that's actually in scale with other figures.
Megatron is sculpted really well in its Leader incarnation and has really good articulation. It's knobby knees are somewhat unsettling, but it's a minor gripe. Pascal has mentioned the transformation is really simple, and I have to agree. Voyager SS also has a simple transformation, but it's a lot more eloquent and satisfying. As a bonus, Megs' sword can also be used with Voyager and DLX Prime, that's a badass feature and it looks fantastic.
So far, this toyline has exceeded my expectations. It's a bit of a shame that these characters don't look as cool on the actual show.
ohnaji is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.