Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 11:17 AM   #8
BigWillay
Robot Master
Re: "I only want complete figures" and other hurdles of selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
I'll provide some perspective from the buyer's side:
Sure piecing together the earlier G1s or more popular characters are easy (Optimus, Datsum bros, Dinobots, 86 movie cast, etc.) but as you proved in your own situation, things are a total pain when you get to the "Master"-era. Are you willing to spend this much on just Lube (hehe "Lube")?

And because I already owned their bodies from childhood, I really had no choice but to hunt down all the parts for the Autobot Headmaster Jrs (Nightbeat/Hosehead/Siren) and let me tell you, it took me YEARS of active scouring before I finally tracked down those stupid little head guns. I probably saw more listings during that time for complete figs than for those guns. Given to option to piece together those guys from scratch OR pay a bit more and buy complete, I probably would've chosen the latter.

Re: etiquette, I think things work out for the better when EVERYBODY abides by the "don't be a dick" rule. While not me selling directly, I've def witnessed my share of buyers actin' a fool. And sellers: if you don't list prices you will get lowballers/what you perceive to be lowballers, it's the law of the land (again not my direct situation but I've seen it firsthand).

Your right, about getting lowballed when your not listing prices... but there is a difference in saying.. you know a figure is worth $100 and then offering the person $10 that's just Ludacris not to mention downright rude lol. I can understand making a reasonable offer... say 90 or so.. but to go extreme I guess applies to your "don't be a dick rule"
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.