Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 08:57 AM   #1
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
"I only want complete figures" and other hurdles of selling.

"I only want to buy complete figures" is something I've seen a lot lately. Especially from people who are just starting to collect. What they fail to realize is that probably 80% of the stuff out there is incomplete.
Those of us who probably started collecting in the days before the internet probably had this attitude, but only because finding missing parts was next to impossible! Maybe you might luck out at a toy show, but chances were that if you had an incomplete figure, that sucker was staying incomplete.

Don't get me wrong, I get it. It can be a pain in the ass trying to track down certain accessories.
I, myself, am having a hell of a time finding the Powermaster for my Slapdash. In fact, I do tend to take a similar attitude with my collecting now, but only because the few figures I need are from the "Masters" era, and and their "Master" partners are damn hard to find! You can get the main figures often pretty cheap, but it's the Head/Target/Powermasters that will cost you money.
Or the figures I need are foreign, and are next to impossible to piece together.

But other than those, I find that most figures are reasonably easy to complete, and if one is willing, you can often get a figure cheaper by piecing it out rather than waiting for a pristine specimen to present itself.

Also, don't be a dick. If you contact a seller about pricing or shipping or whatever, if their response isn't to your liking; too much money, etc., the least you can do is be polite and message them back saying "Thanks, but no thanks." Don't just never respond back, it's rude. And you never know, they might be will to negotiate with you.
I know there are some sellers who are completely intransigent and will not waver on their set prices, but I think you'll find that many, if not most will deal with you just to sell their stuff.
Personally, I'd much rather make a deal than have a bunch of stuff sitting in a box in my basement, taking up space!

Ok, I've ranted long enough, I think. Anyone run into anything else trying to sell stuff?

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.