Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 09:34 PM   #1
cr3d1t
Beast Machine
Pain and frustration with Dinobot upgrade kits (PE & TCW)

TFCon Toronto 2018 I bought the Perfect Effect PC-21 Volcanicus upgrade kit. The kit cost 50$. I actually wanted the TCW Dreamwave kit which had many more parts but it wasn't available yet. So I picked it up. Got back home and installed it. Not bad, I thought. The feet was a little stiff to put on but I didn't think it was a problem. Later on I find out that when I put the feet on I actually cracked the connection port on Sludge and Slug because the PE feet pegs are too big. I was not happy.

So this week I made some money selling TFs and thought I'd splurge on finally getting the TCW-06 Dreamwave kit. I loved their Superion kit. Bought it for 85$ with 15$ shipping from Mad Haus Toys. Shipping was pretty fast. When I got the kit I couldn't believe how many parts there were inside, plus an extra set of swords and guns molded in black. So much value! Unfortunately once I started adding the parts to Volcanicus I had a really hard time. I really struggled with getting the front chest plate to click in properly and the butt plate I felt was almost impossible to install. I got really frustrated. Then I see that the pegs on the hands are too big for the ports on Swoop and Snarl. I mean come on. I can't install them without feeling like I'm going to crack another set of ports. And now, since Sludge and Slug's ports are severely weakened, the feet don't hold well and Volcanicus topples over. Plus the feet don't hold together well like the Superion kit and don't lay flat, which adds to the imbalance. I've tested the feet with other combiners and it feels like the ports are too big as well. I can't install them without feeling I have to force it.

It kinda feels like I've wasted my money. 150$ and I've got broken Transformers and kits that don't work right. I've really soured on the whole thing.

Last edited by cr3d1t; 08-30-2018 at 09:37 PM.
cr3d1t is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.