Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Megatron and Starscream (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=57638)

Ironwave 02-02-2015 11:34 PM

Megatron and Starscream

I have always wondered, the numerous time Starscream attempts to overthrow Megatron, either by throwing his injured body out of Astrotrain, by removing the Dark Energon shard from his chest to shooting him behind his back. Whatever the case may be, we all know Starscream's true motives and Megatron still keeps him around. My question is, why does Megatron keeps Starscream around after all those things he has done to him, is Megatron that soft? does he hold a soft spot for Starscream?

Slayback 02-02-2015 11:37 PM

Re: Megatron and Starscream

it's a cartoon. he's a character that create tension in the ranks. it probably added a lot of extra dialogue on the show instead of having the single mindedness of - 'hey lets all kill the autobots.' - and having the show end in 5 minutes.

TheLogicalProwl 02-02-2015 11:54 PM

The answer is found in Transformers Generation 2, Issue 10, "Total War!"

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20061211232221

carissa 02-03-2015 11:57 AM

What does that even say? It's too tiny to read.

But anyhow. "Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer"

Commandoclone87 02-03-2015 12:10 PM

If I remember correctly, in the Transformers: Prime animated series, Megatron had a nice little chat with Starscream regarding why he keeps him.
I believe it was the episode where they got trapped in a cave-in.

MTL79 02-03-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commandoclone87 (Post 623552)
If I remember correctly, in the Transformers: Prime animated series, Megatron had a nice little chat with Starscream regarding why he keeps him.
I believe it was the episode where they got trapped in a cave-in.

Since what I'm posting may be considered spoilers for some, the text is in black so that it's more difficult to read. Read at your own risk lol...

I think it was the episode where he takes him back after Starscream promises to deliver the keys to the Omega Lock to him and then Megatron proceeds to port into Starscreams memories to see what his motives were for that...

I can't remember the exact line he said though, but it had something to do with being amused watching him fail over and over if I'm not mistaken?

xueyue2 02-03-2015 12:42 PM

Because they are lovers!

Chap69Poo 02-03-2015 12:46 PM

i remember reading somewhere it says that Megatron keeps Starscream around to remind himself to always watch his back and not let his guard down

MULTIPLEX 02-03-2015 12:51 PM

LOL, interesting. Megatron calls himself an idiot for keeping Starscream around. How ironic if you remember his famous "You're an idiot, Starscream" line in the 86 movie.

Omegatron 02-03-2015 01:27 PM

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer".

Also in Transformers Prime where Megatron does finally kick Starscream out, he (Starscream) promptly turns around and steals energon from the Decepticon ship, and in the process tips Orion Pax off to Megatron's scheme, then when low on Energon helps the Autobots on a least two occasions. The only way to know what Starscream's up to is to watch him and the only way to do that is to keep him close.