Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Customs and Artwork (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Repaints & Minor Mods Custom YOTH Optimus Prime (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=63794)

Phollen16 04-20-2016 03:07 PM

Custom YOTH Optimus Prime

5 Attachment(s)
Here is my custom YOTH MP 10 Optimus Prime. Took a lot time to take him apart tape him up and paint him. Now I tried to just take off the gold chrome several ways, chemicals, sanding and in the end just sand then paint and spray. There is less risk of pieces getting worn down and damaged by the chemicals. I'm not going to transform him as I'm worried about other pieces cracking and just plain snaping off and after all that work I'm not risking it.

I'm happy how he turned out anyway and glad it's over really. So here is is for everyone to enjoy.

timcrook 04-20-2016 03:09 PM

Re: Custom YOTH Optimus Prime

Very nice work there.

Crobot91 04-20-2016 03:24 PM

Looks good!

Masta_Skidz 04-20-2016 04:02 PM

it does look good and clean. I personally thought the gold made this look awesome

icantbelieveit 04-20-2016 04:38 PM

Nice job. Will u next consider to repaint the YOTG Soundwave:)

optimusb39 04-20-2016 04:45 PM

Id be wary of painting yotg soundwave. Hes 98% translucent plastic which makes him a crack magnet. I dont see him having a long play life. Wven the tapes are like that.

Phollen16 04-20-2016 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icantbelieveit (Post 688114)
Nice job. Will u next consider to repaint the YOTG Soundwave:)

I'd need one to do it. I was considering it but price tag is a bit high. I'd need to be Super careful if I did as painting any fixed joint does make it fatter and prone to stressing. I have seen this happen way to often. So we'll see if I do or not. Still like to try tho.

Phollen16 04-20-2016 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz (Post 688106)
it does look good and clean. I personally thought the gold made this look awesome

Well I wouldn't mind the gold to much if there weren't so much black, not a fan of the black parts. lol If Hasbro just did without the gold I would have been soooooo much happier but it was for a Chinese new year thing so gold. :P

Phollen16 04-20-2016 06:38 PM

Turns out YOTG Soundwave was on sale but it sold out. The timing of it all. Ahh that sucks, there goes my chance to paint Soundwave. lol

zuffyprime 04-20-2016 10:20 PM

Great job man