Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dollarama Dino combiner! (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=84829)

Vorahk 01-26-2022 11:07 PM

Dollarama Dino combiner!

1 Attachment(s)
Behold brutidinocus? He?s the newest tf knock offs at dollarama. Despite being made with stupid cheap plastic he?s actually pretty sturdy. The names are rage(rex), horns(tricera), blade(stego), hunt(ptero), and last is slush(bronto).

imfallenangel 01-27-2022 12:11 AM

Re: Dollarama Dino combiner!

Had posted a few pictures a few weeks ago...

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showp...ostcount=57498

The dino mode are really nice looking.. the robots are a bit crappy, the combined mode... well, I've seen a lot worse.

Vorahk 01-27-2022 12:15 AM

Oh man totally didnt even see that! Sorry about that man. I own the actual 3rd party dino combiner and i like the colors the knock offs have. They definitely cut alot of corners with the figures though, but still enjoyable.

alternatorfan 01-27-2022 05:59 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Don't forget these guys.
Need those dinos now.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot 01-27-2022 06:56 AM

That purple gun is awesome. It's a working dart gun and actually forms a pretty good robot with working knees and elbows and everything. The shoulders are loose as hell, but that can probably be fixed.

Aynewbie 01-27-2022 08:15 AM

Got the purple gun too and really like it! Haven’t transform yet but good size and shoots decent!

Can those Dino combiner feet be used for CW combiner? Size seems good but not sure if it support tilt?

Vorahk 01-27-2022 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynewbie (Post 854436)
Got the purple gun too and really like it! Haven?t transform yet but good size and shoots decent!

Can those Dino combiner feet be used for CW combiner? Size seems good but not sure if it support tilt?

Doubtful cause if I remember correctly CW feet were pegs into the connection while the knock off dino feet is two circle pegs that connect into the bots(they have little grooves the connection slides into).

Sun Swipe Prime 01-28-2022 01:48 AM

Hahah, a KO of a third party--I believe TFC designed--homage to the dinobots. For those interested, here's a pic of the originals in a non-power-ranger color scheme. They're a bit of a floppy mess, but cool enough if used only for display.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/tf.images/r...9117_13317.jpg

Marcotron 01-28-2022 12:29 PM

I got this set too.
The middle Red Dino is shrunken down, so the arms of the combiner look humungous and hang down a lot. Also, the red dino head has to turn around to transform it, and mine had some plastic impeding that, so I have to pop it off and put it back on.
And the wing of the Pterodactyl won't stay in the hole in combined mode.
But other than that, it's a fun throwaway thing for my kids to play with.
It cannot hold the weapons at all in combined mode. It's hilarious they didn't even try to make it work. A peg hole or something would have been enough.
For $20 total, not bad.

imfallenangel 01-28-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorahk (Post 854423)
Oh man totally didnt even see that! Sorry about that man. I own the actual 3rd party dino combiner and i like the colors the knock offs have. They definitely cut alot of corners with the figures though, but still enjoyable.

Oh, no trouble at all, it's all good and I'd even suggest that we should create a Dollarama thread as there's been quite more showing up lately I find.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alternatorfan (Post 854434)
Don't forget these guys.
Need those dinos now.

Almost got the train one but just too small for scale with my stuff, but nice to see them, I wasn't even sure they did combine.

The dart gun one I had posted last year or so about it, and it's great to see it still showing up in stores as it's an actually decent toy. Plastic is not bad, the engineering isn't the greatest, but the gun part works pretty well... it created a mess at my house and we ended up with dart battles for months after that (as it lead to us getting actual "big/real" dart guns).

The construction one is shampoo bottle plastic and very cheaply done (they are all the same except for the top weapon part) and it took me a bit to sort out the partforming to combine... but still fun.