Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   IKEA Detolf Display Cases (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=28345)

CETERUS PRIME 12-30-2010 02:06 PM

IKEA Detolf Display Cases

I've been wanting to get a couple of these, but with us not having an IKEA store locally, the cost of shipping is insane ! I just spoke with one of their customer service reps, and whether I buy one or two cases, and even though the value of two cases is only 25% of the $600 limit, the shipping costs to Nova Scotia are $159.00 alone ! That's the same cost of the two cases ! Does anyone have any other suggestions besides these Detolf display cases, or perhaps a better solution to help with the costs of shipping ? I need to get my TF's into their proper place and on display rather than in a storage box. Appreciate the help !

Super_Megatron 12-30-2010 02:12 PM

Re: IKEA Detolf Display Cases

Rent a truck and go on a road trip.

Clutchburn 12-30-2010 02:45 PM

Jysk in Dartmouth Crossing has/had similar cases, I bought one there a couple of years back, though I can't seem to find it on www.jysk.ca.

Darth Wave 12-30-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutchburn (Post 303005)
Jysk in Dartmouth Crossing has/had similar cases, I bought one there a couple of years back, though I can't seem to find it on www.jysk.ca.

Yeah same here... I also got one from Staples 2 years ago. Not sure if they carry it still. Only thing is it didn't have doors.

bedtime 12-30-2010 02:57 PM

Deemar 12-30-2010 03:02 PM

You can get the glass cut from a glass cutter for a few dollars each. Then rip down some wood at Home Depot, dato it with a groove for the glass and presto. Not hard to make.

Clutchburn 12-30-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedtime (Post 303009)

No it is mostly glass, very similar to the Detolf. I think it was called the Seja or something like that.

Benzo 12-30-2010 07:22 PM

I have 3 of the JYSK glass cases! They are awesome!

CETERUS PRIME 12-30-2010 08:28 PM

I searched JYSK, no luck. Anyone know the exact name of them ?

subpop77 12-30-2010 09:20 PM

Those are pretty cool I thought about picking a couple up to display some of my Baseball cards and other related items. We have one in Dallas about 2hrs away. Good luck with your delima