Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why buy identical figures? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=23290)

jackalprime 05-26-2010 01:56 PM

Why buy identical figures?

This question has been on my mind for a while and come up everytime I see one of your hauls on this site. Ive seen 3, 4 Leader Primes, all the same figure. Not a Repaint or anything. I Get some people may buy the Buster Prime, to go along with the regular issue, but I cant explain why someone would buy 4 identical Primes. (just an example)

Goaliebot 05-26-2010 02:04 PM

Re: Why buy identical figures?

I think in most cases they are picking up for friends or fellow board members.

In some cases, duplicates are for kitbashing or customs they might have planned.

Some folks buy 2 in order to keep one mint in package and take one out for display or play. I've seem folks on TFW who buy 3 - one to keep in package, one to display in bot mode, one to display in alt mode.

Sometimes they might have gotten a really good deal on multiples and be looking to use the duplicates for trades or resale.

Personally, I don't even buy repaints or minor remolds... but that's just me. :)

Pascal 05-26-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackalprime (Post 239297)
This question has been on my mind for a while and come up everytime I see one of your hauls on this site. Ive seen 3, 4 Leader Primes, all the same figure. Not a Repaint or anything. I Get some people may buy the Buster Prime, to go along with the regular issue, but I cant explain why someone would buy 4 identical Primes. (just an example)

Ask that Transfan2 guy on tfans.com. Pretty sure he's an compulsive buyer, he buys multiples of each figure (like 3-4-5), then he buys some more later! And all he does is post his crazy daily hauls, he never participates in discussions or anything. Crazy, I'm telling you.

Goaliebot 05-26-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 239300)
Ask that Transfan2 guy on tfans.com. Pretty sure he's an compulsive buyer, he buys multiples of each figure (like 3-4-5), then he buys some more later! And all he does is post his crazy daily hauls, he never participates in discussions or anything. Crazy, I'm telling you.

He does post a lot of... unusual... TF photos in the "Let's See Some Cool Stuff 2010 - Transformers only Edition" thread.

Iron Moose 05-26-2010 03:02 PM

I love Terragator's beast mode and I have bunches... that's it?

CyberMnky 05-26-2010 03:24 PM

Some molds are great for Army building such as the Insecticons or Energon Terrorcons... But otherwise, the one out / one MISB or one bot / one alt mode is common I've noticed...

Dragon Knight 05-26-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 239300)

At one point, I was convinced he doesn't actually get new hauls...he just photoshops his old hauls together.

I did think about getting two Animated Shockwaves, one for long Arm,..one for Shockwave.

I can see myself buying multiples of PCC though, so I can have their limbs to pass around.

Tekkamanraiden 05-26-2010 04:08 PM

I buy extras when they're on sale to sell later.

Wodicus 05-26-2010 04:14 PM

If I had the money and space to display them all I would buy three versions. One to keep in package, and one for each mode. But since I can only really afford one of each then I just buy the one and open it.

UltraPrimal 05-26-2010 04:32 PM

The only doubles I ever buy are usually ones I try to sell. And that hasn't gone very well lately.

I did buy an extra Sunstreaker and Sideswipe though, to do the head swap and Reprolabels to make them Tigertrack and Patriot. I also ordered 2 of the new TCC Punch/Counterpunch figure so I have the option of having Punch with Autobots and Counterpunch with my Decepticons. But I'm not entirely sure if I'll keep the second one or not.