Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Surgery sucks ! (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27368)

CETERUS PRIME 11-14-2010 04:42 PM

Surgery sucks !

So, I found out today that I'm going to need surgery to repair a hernia, just f'n great ! Don't know for sure how it happened, probably while training in the gym, all I remember is noticing a numbness in my groin, and then a very slight swelling a few days later, followed by EXCRUCIATING PAIN, feels like someone stabbing me with a sharp knife ! Surgeon says 6 weeks off work, and no lifting anything heavy in the meantime. Surgery is scheduled for the 26th, so less than 2 weeks away ! I've been training hardcore in the gym for 18 years now, and not once have I had this serious level of injury, plus I was doing so well and making excellent progress. I guess this was my body's way of saying TOO MUCH :doh: Oh well, I guess things could be worse...:( Kinda nervous about this one. Had surgeries before to repair broken bones and whatnot, but this one is different. Anyway, guess I'll be putting off purchasing that XBox Kinect or PS3 Move for now ;)

Wish me luck !

Cliffjumper69 11-14-2010 04:51 PM

Re: Surgery sucks !

Quote:

Originally Posted by CETERUS PRIME (Post 292098)
while training in the gym, all I remember is noticing a numbness in my groin, and then a very slight swelling a few days later

Hehehehe..... Best of luck! You'll be fine :highfive:

Benzo 11-14-2010 05:59 PM

that sucks! I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery!

PrimeCron 11-14-2010 07:11 PM

Stay positive and all the best to you...

TMIIWonkoNemises 11-14-2010 07:33 PM

I guess with training for 18 years,something was bound to happen at some point.The body can only go through so much.Regardless,good luck and I hope for a speedy recovery.

Akroyer 11-14-2010 09:10 PM

Heres to a speedy recovery. I've been lucky health wise as an adult, but I spent time in the Hospital when I was a little kid. And the thought of it again, someday as an adult makes me nervous to say the least.

You'll be back to normal in no time.

chans formers 11-14-2010 09:33 PM

sucks to hear,but you'll pull through it stronger than ever.(just not for the first few weeks after;))

Shepp 11-25-2010 10:48 PM

Yes, surgery does indeed suck. The pain meds afterwards often suck just as much. I have no idea how HOUSE gets anything done while on percasets.

But then once its all over, you'll feel so much better.

Ground Zero 11-26-2010 03:40 PM

Get well!

I had my gallbladder removed last Easter (Easter Weekend -- boo!) I don't remember it being too bad. A lot of swelling for me though. I looked like some starving third nation child with a distended stomach... :-\

CETERUS PRIME 11-26-2010 10:53 PM

Well, I'm home and everything went well ! Went in this morning, and it took about an hour to complete the surgery. Doc said I'll be good to go in 6-8 weeks. :bow: Pain is really starting to kick in though, a LOT worse than the pain associated with the injury, but at least I know I'm on the mend. Thanks to those who replied for your concern ! Now it's time for ice packs !