Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   International Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Netflix War for Cybertron Deluxe Wave 3 In-Package Images ? Deep Cover Revealed (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=82261)

Super_Megatron 03-13-2021 09:20 AM

Netflix War for Cybertron Deluxe Wave 3 In-Package Images ? Deep Cover Revealed

https://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/...deluxes-06.jpg

On the heels of yesterday’s Netflix War for Cybertron reveals of Optimus Primal with Rattrap and the Sparkless Seeker, thanks to Autobase Aichi*on Twitter, we now have a glimpse at the next wave of deluxes from the line in their new packaging which follows Kingdom in suit with the cardboard inserts rather than the plastic ones. In addition, we also have the big reveal of Netflix Deep Cover! However, this Deep Cover has a new look to him with his blue and black reversed, battle damage added, and police badge decals removed. The wave also consists of Cheetor, who » Continue Reading.

The post Netflix War for Cybertron Deluxe Wave 3 In-Package Images – Deep Cover Revealed appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...

UsernamePrime 03-13-2021 09:28 AM

Re: Netflix War for Cybertron Deluxe Wave 3 In-Package Images ? Deep Cover Revealed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265086810360

already on ebay along with poop coloured barry and black/silver ironhide

UsernamePrime 03-13-2021 09:29 AM

Re: Netflix War for Cybertron Deluxe Wave 3 In-Package Images ? Deep Cover Revealed

Whisky Tango Foxtrot 03-13-2021 11:05 AM

Oh good, Cheetor's a single. I was afraid I'd have to buy a multi-pack to get him.

Scrapper6 03-13-2021 11:53 AM

With how I still need all five of Wave 2's deluxes, which I keep harping on about everywhere, I know, so sue me. I'm not sure how I feel about this wave, on the one hand I'll get it to complete the series because this is my last hurrah for Hasbro's Transformers lines.

On the other hand, would it have killed them to give us at least something more interesting? I mean Siege molds dominate this wave as they did Waves 1 & 2, aside from Cheetor we have three characters all made with Siege molds. On top of that, this seems to be a four wave release instead of the past five and five we got, so I wonder if there will be one other deluxe not yet mentioned? Though I doubt it.

I know their trying to give us animation characters in this line, but I feel like, I don't know, I'd at least have liked to see one set with more Micromasters even if its in deluxe packaging just so we could have four more of the little guys in the Kingdom sub-line. Especially if we got Buzzsaw, I mean for fuck's sake Hasbro, Soundwave gets all of his main guys but you don't give us a Buzzsaw?

Was he named on the show, because I feel Deep Cover could have used a different name. Unless that's toon accurate.

I'm griping about this, but I'm going to buy it because I'm completionist and want everything to round out my WfC collection. That being said, I really hope this wave isn't as hard to find as wave 2, because I'm still itching for that wave despite it being mostly repaints.

Ransak The Elder 03-13-2021 12:07 PM

This wave of Netflix looks like garbage (imo)... I'm so relieved i do not have to do that Walmart exclusive hunt again for a while.

Tiffster 03-13-2021 12:13 PM

I agree. Pass this wave of netflix. Nothing that excites me at all

canprime 03-13-2021 12:29 PM

So that is the eternal question.

Exclusives of desired characters that are hard to obtain, or middling, little interest characters that will clog shelves for months, thus reducing the desire of retail to carry future lines?

Obviously big retail would rather sell out than sit on product that they have to clearance later down the road.

I fall in the category of exclusives should not be the only way to get main characters. However Cheetor and Primal/Rattrap make sense since you can already get them at regular retail, so some slight paint changes don't move the needle for me personally.

The no name army builders are ok, to a degree. These are nice to have, but not necessary for my collection. However we have seen what a disaster exclusive army builders can be in the GI Joe classified line.

Ransak The Elder 03-13-2021 12:32 PM

Well these sparkless transformers are pretty niche... have 1 in a wave... but 3? Too many.

canprime 03-13-2021 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder (Post 834417)
Well these sparkless transformers are pretty niche... have 1 in a wave... but 3? Too many.

So what would you replace them with instead?

Characters like Bumblebee, so people will complain that they shouldn't make a show character an exclusive?

Personally I wouldn't mind Bumblebee and Elita-1 getting included as "refresh" spots instead of a Deep Cover repaint and the Rusticon.

Otherwise I don't know what I would include that would sell without people losing their minds. The sparkless seem like a good compromise. A Deep Cover repaint seems much more niche than "characters" that were parts of different episodes.