Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   International Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   HasLab War For Cybertron Unicron New Image (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77696)

Super_Megatron 09-25-2019 11:50 AM

HasLab War For Cybertron Unicron New Image

https://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/...ab-Unicron.jpg

After some silent days (maybe the calm beofre the storm), we have a newHasLab War For Cybertron Unicron image via Stan Bush’s Facebook and Twitter. “He definitely has the power…but does he have The Touch?”*asks Stan Bush on his post. A better quality image of the Chaos Bringer was later shared via the Official Transformers Facebook account. Unicron is standing while showing his fist in anger over a moon-like soil with the Earth in the background. Right now Unicron is on its way to 6000 backers. We need to reach the goal of 8000 backers before*October 6, » Continue Reading.

The post HasLab War For Cybertron Unicron New Image appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...

joshimus 09-25-2019 02:43 PM

Re: HasLab War For Cybertron Unicron New Image

Thats the best pose they could pull off? Oy.

Matrix_Holder 09-25-2019 03:18 PM

Is he doing the carlton?

evenstaves 09-25-2019 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder (Post 797337)
Is he doing the carlton?

HAhahahahaha

predahank 09-25-2019 03:36 PM

cue the Tom Jones music

Is it me or does all the lazily folded panels behind his legs and back pop that much more in colour

1337w422102 09-25-2019 04:10 PM

I guess he's going backpacking?

Marcotron 09-25-2019 04:13 PM

Well of course he can stand on the moon, there's less gravity!

But, even though it looks like the numbers are stalled at 5700, I hope they make this regardless, because it really is an awesomely huge looking figure. And even though it's way out of the realm of my price range, it's a cool looking toy. Maybe the UK numbers will push it over the top there.

joelones 09-25-2019 04:39 PM

This openhanded pose has a somewhat panhandling vibe to it. Almost like, "please, give me your money, please...".

RNSrobot 09-25-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelones (Post 797351)
This openhanded pose has a somewhat panhandling vibe to it. Almost like, "please, give me your money, please...".

Hasbro and the fanwank sites have been begging for months now. It's appalling. :primelaugh::primelaugh::primelaugh::primelaugh::p rimelaugh:

Pgianos 09-25-2019 05:24 PM

Hasbro doesn't seem to be scrambling so I'm speculating they already know it's getting funded. I mean they have released one pic since the extension?

GotBot 09-25-2019 08:29 PM

The crappiest he has looked yet. So, it stands as long as you have one leg back and his arms forward as counter-balance...sounds about right. Looking at all the junk behind the leg, I'm really curious just how deep that knee can even bend.

Matrix_Holder 09-25-2019 08:44 PM

This makes me want zeta even more and strengthens my decision to not drop $1000 for this figure.

SleeplessKnight 09-25-2019 09:49 PM

He looks great! I can't wait to have him show up on my doorstep.

Gatchatron 09-25-2019 10:11 PM

OptimusB38 09-25-2019 10:43 PM

For what they’re charging for this it could b better

ssjgoku22 09-25-2019 10:46 PM

Looks like the same quality as Seige Omega Supreme, not a $1000 figure. He also looks really damn bulky.

RNSrobot 09-25-2019 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OptimusB38 (Post 797385)
For what they’re charging for this it could b better

It's hard not to just think you're paying for mass. He's huge, and heavy, and that's all awesome, but... oof.

I dunno. if you're getting him, go for it. enjoy.

Thing is: even if he gets funded, this is still a debacle. There's no way to get around that. Hasbro fucked this up badly. Be interesting to see how they roll next time they try to crowdfund.

positivelyken 09-25-2019 11:01 PM

I can't unsee the Zeta prototype now.

Sureshot22 09-26-2019 09:30 AM

Hahaha what a huge p.o.s.

Zeta's is lightyears ahead of this turd.

One day Zetas will get made. I'll buy that one.

Pgianos 09-26-2019 09:53 AM

On the way to 8k! And at the same time persecute IP theft!

canprime 09-26-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pgianos (Post 797407)
On the way to 8k! And at the same time persecute IP theft!

Prosecute.

Sureshot22 09-26-2019 11:20 AM

They are a billion dollar company. They didn't need to do a kickstarter and I'm sure it will be made either way. This was to test the waters and see if people are stupid enough to drop 1k on a big ugly toy. So now it will happen more in the future.

Sadly they were kind of right people are dumb enough. ;)

joshimus 09-26-2019 02:08 PM

With 10 days left and still 2300 backers to go, now is the time to really show off Unicron with say, other Siege figures. Even against Omega Supreme...and get someone that actually knows how to pose figures.
That said I agree with people here that Hasbro probably know they made their goal since 1 boring posed pic doesn't even excite me, and I am a backer...but like...you know, try harder Hasbro.

Mumps 09-26-2019 02:18 PM

The latest pic was for the meme, calm down people..

predahank 09-26-2019 04:34 PM

Autobotz24 09-26-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predahank (Post 797435)

My first thought at seeing the back of Haslab Unicron was that he almost looks like a Ninja Turtle

justprime 09-26-2019 05:17 PM

Hasbro will make this happen of that there is no doubt and good for all who support it ...there was never a need in this fandome for hasbro to ever have crowed funded this they already new it would sell ..there testing the point of no return to what the collectors will pay,... personally I think after seeing zetas piece it shows how lazy they have gotten in there engineering and in making an accurate rendition from all sides...the price point is the tell tail here...lewin resorce op and fans toys or dx9 omega are in same weight class to its not about the bulk ,the only sad point for me is zetas is not the monster hasbros is in size, lastly I dont mind spending for a well designed, built piece if it portrays the character from all sides....good luck to all that have purchased the hasbro unicron and the year pluse wait to have it i hope its worth it for you ,
I know where my coin will be spent and good luck to those that buy a core star thumbs up

Pgianos 09-26-2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canprime (Post 797410)
Prosecute.

Yes that too ! Lol

SleeplessKnight 09-26-2019 06:10 PM

Quote:

You display your figures with the back facing out?

predahank 09-26-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleeplessKnight (Post 797449)

Ahh the classic rebuttal for lazy engineering which results in an outbound backpack worthy of a three day hike.

Take a look at page 1, from the front that shits ovetflowing out the side up the top, through the front and out his nose

RNSrobot 09-26-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

It's six hundred us fucking dollars. Irrelevant. It's a shitty job for an ultra ultra premium collectable.

OptimusB38 09-26-2019 08:21 PM

That’s what I thought!!! Hasbro lost my vote when they started making deluxe at voyager price and less quality. We’ve taken back sooo many bits of garbage that the boys don’t even bother and they love tfs.

funkmasterke 09-26-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

You can clearly see the backpack from the front, that's how bad it is lol.

Also I didn't realise how awkward the hips/crotch piece looks on the figure, it's going to be hard to make it look decent in any sort of dynamic pose.

SleeplessKnight 09-26-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 797463)
It's six hundred us fucking dollars. Irrelevant. It's a shitty job for an ultra ultra premium collectable.

Sorry, I must have missed the part where Hasbro stole your wallet and forced you to buy it. I get it. You don't like it. So don't buy it.

TRUCKvsGUN 09-26-2019 08:58 PM

Let people get what they want and be happy for them. If you can't budget it or aren't into it, then just say so and move on.

Getting angry over toys is sad. There's a lot of sad people in here.

1337w422102 09-26-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRUCKvsGUN (Post 797475)
Let people get what they want and be happy for them. If you can't budget it or aren't into it, then just say so and move on.

It's more like "getting angry over the world's biggest toy company pretends it needs us to fund its newest product, which looks like a worse design than the overpackaged underpainted overpriced stuff they already get away with selling."

They expect us to pay for the development of this big-ass figure and that's the best they can offer? Really? Especially compared to what that third-party fan company was coming up with.

SleeplessKnight 09-26-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337w422102 (Post 797477)
They expect us to pay for the development of this big-ass figure and that's the best they can offer?

No, they expect the people who actually want to buy it to pay for it's development. They expect YOU and anyone else who doesn't want to buy it to move on and spend your money however you want.

Crowdfunded or not, Hasbro can market their product however the heck they want.

Mumps 09-26-2019 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRUCKvsGUN (Post 797475)

Common sense and reason, on a cybertron.ca thread? Away with you, foul creature! GET YOUR PITCHFORKS EVERYONE!

CobraCommander 09-26-2019 09:44 PM

Quote:

L:DL, look how tiny those wings are, OMG, how embarrassing. :p

Pgianos 09-26-2019 09:44 PM

A lot of rude comments entitled to an unregulated toy that bypasses safety and regulations made by exploited people for a license they didn't have to pay for at the price they want. It's not even entitlement. It's a right it seems. Zeta don't need a kick starter to make the toy .. but just to get them out of jail..lol