Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Seriously? Transformer protection plan? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16067)

aximili 06-01-2009 05:20 PM

Seriously? Transformer protection plan?

So I hit up my local TRU today to pick up Demolishor and Rampage. According to the checkout guy:

"Since Transformers are considered mechanical, we offer a protection plan in case anything breaks or falls apart. Anytime in the next 15 months if something breaks you can bring it back and we'll give you a new one. It costs $2.99 for him [Rampage] and $5.99 for this one [Demolishor]."

I told him I would be fine without it, but this is new to me. Have any of you been offered a protection plan for your Transformers?

It must be TRU trying to cash in, as these things are usually pretty unnecessary. I might consider it if I pick up that giant (expensive) devastator, but not a little deluxe.

The toys shouldn't fall apart in the first place, and if they do, I return or exchange them. If I buy something I shouldn't have to pay extra to make sure it's not faulty... but that's a rant for another time.

Pascal 06-01-2009 05:24 PM

Re: Seriously? Transformer protection plan?

Just wow... I would never waste money on that.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot 06-01-2009 05:28 PM

Life imitates art?

Although $3 to insure a Deluxe actually doesn't seem that bad if you're giving it to a kid to play with. Transformers might last a long time when you're just sticking them on a shelf but in the hands of a seven-year-old they have a substantially shorter life-expectancy.

Sun Swipe Prime 06-01-2009 06:10 PM

I got this asked of me when I bought Unicron, but really. If something falls apart like they say, it's shoddy workmanship. All extended Waranty stuff is just cash grabs.

Icetron 06-01-2009 06:12 PM

I was asked once, but kindly said no thanks. 45 days is enough for me since if it breaks within that time period I'd just return/exchange it.

Magnimus 06-01-2009 06:17 PM

I was asked the same thing when I went on Friday and bought a bunch of the new ROTF toys at TRU.

I almost considered it for Leader Prime, but they wanted to add another 8 dollars to the 59.99 price tag.

I said no thanks and I'd take my chances.

Then someone jumped me in the parking lot and broke my Prime's legs.

Okay, that last part didn't happen but everything else was true.

Aernaroth 06-01-2009 06:39 PM

Its a cash grab, but at least they're offering you something, as useless as it may seem.

CTO15 06-01-2009 07:12 PM

it's like TRU took some notes from that shortpacked cartoon.

makes sense for bigger items ($300 plus) but for a $15 and all I do is display the figs, no thank-you

CobraCommander 06-01-2009 07:30 PM

Ridiculous.

onecoin 06-01-2009 07:47 PM

Did they ask if you wanted a side of fries? Would you like to turn that into a meal? for only 50 cents more you can turn your large popcorn into a mega sized popcorn.