Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fun Topic: To toss boxes or to not toss?! (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=86653)

MichaelQuach 09-26-2022 09:06 PM

Re: Fun Topic: To toss boxes or to not toss?!

As someone who grew up with the Bay movies, I told myself I would keep all studio series boxes, but goddamn they're making so many of them... Other than that I keep MP boxes so they don't get damaged, and any G1 reissues because the classic packaging is just awesome. I don't know if I want to keep all my studio series boxes (maybe only the Bay ones?) but I plan to have all of them on a shelf like books in numbered order, I do throw out the plastic inserts so I can fold the boxes, but damn it is still a lot of space.

Autobotz24 09-27-2022 06:18 AM

MPs (official and 3rd party) as well as G1 I keep. I also keep my Titan boxes as they hold a lot of things for storage and moving

Shockwave 75 09-27-2022 07:23 AM

The only boxes worth keeping are vintage, exclusive, foreign, and MP. Everything else, especially modern stuff, is just WAAAY too common for the box to ever really effect it's "worth" later on, because there are just too many "collectors" these days who think their MISB Siege Optimus Prime will be their retirement fund or their kids college fund, and the aftermarket will be flooded with these things in the next 5-10 years.

cripnite 09-28-2022 07:07 PM

I keep and flatten boxes, but toss any and all inserts into recycling. I keep the instructions as well.

My Masterpiece figures stay in the box.

MahtimusPrime09 09-28-2022 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelQuach (Post 866861)
As someone who grew up with the Bay movies, I told myself I would keep all studio series boxes, but goddamn they're making so many of them... Other than that I keep MP boxes so they don't get damaged, and any G1 reissues because the classic packaging is just awesome. I don't know if I want to keep all my studio series boxes (maybe only the Bay ones?) but I plan to have all of them on a shelf like books in numbered order, I do throw out the plastic inserts so I can fold the boxes, but damn it is still a lot of space.

This is literally, exactly what I do too. I grew up with Bayverse too and had a bunch of SS boxes before recycling them. I also keep MP & G1 boxes. Literally to a tee the same situation dude!

Actually almost the same. I do still have a Titan box if I’m not mistaken. I also have a bunch of Prime boxes, but that’s because my whole Prime collection is MISB and therefore another discussion entirely.

Marcotron 09-29-2022 10:04 AM

I tend to keep larger boxes that will end up being storage for older bots, packed in as efficiently as possible. Masterpiece boxes tend to be the largest and sturdiest. CW Devastator's box is the biggest, and therefore fits the most in it.I use the box from TRU MP Soundwave for all the instructions. I also need more closet space for more storage.

Darkroar 09-29-2022 01:55 PM

I tend to keep some boxes folded down; throwing away any inserts/ties/plastic to keep them in place, etc. A few years back, though, I threw away quite a few boxes so now it's mostly masterpiece and higher end boxes.

Although I don't like things taking space, a part of me would like to have the boxes now since I started selling some stuff.

I also collect some Super 7 Ultimates and I currently have the boxes and inserts for them because they are so expensive, but I'm leaning towards getting rid of them or at least the plastic inside and folding them down.

timcrook 09-29-2022 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I recycled my boxes but wished I used them for decorating a wall.
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attac...1&d=1664476508

VicRav 09-29-2022 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timcrook (Post 867023)
I recycled my boxes but wished I used them for decorating a wall.
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attac...1&d=1664476508

That is good idea, too bad I already decorated my garage walls with movie posters