Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Toys and Collectibles (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   BIONICLE fans, where you at? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=5925)

SPLIT LIP 02-01-2008 01:40 AM

BIONICLE fans, where you at?

Are there any BIONICLE fans here? I know this place isn't as busy or diverse as TFW, but there must be some of you here.

Sound-off, post pics, MOCs, or discuss!:)

jacobot 02-01-2008 12:20 PM

Re: BIONICLE fans, where you at?

Right here....

They use to have movies for each generation...now they just keep pumping out new series with only a commercial or two.
Don't even understand the new series...No red guy TOA only a red bad guy

Nocturn 02-01-2008 04:49 PM

all my moc's got delted off bionicle.com...

SPLIT LIP 02-02-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobot (Post 37205)
Right here....

They use to have movies for each generation...now they just keep pumping out new series with only a commercial or two.
Don't even understand the new series...No red guy TOA only a red bad guy

Tahu is still around. The Toa Nuva were split up into two teams to search for the mask of life. Tahu, Gali and Onua will be released later this summer. There is still "Red guy Toa",he's just off somewhere else right now.

And the reason they only made three movies was because 1. Movies are expensive, and 2. they weren't really that popular, and didn't warrant a fourth. Plus, there was no movie about the Toa Mata, just Toa Nuva.

Optimus_Prime 02-02-2008 10:57 PM

I'm a Bionicle fan too, and Lego Star Wars. I can't wait until the release of Takanuva this summer, but why did the have to give him black armor? He's the Toa of Light !!!

SPLIT LIP 02-02-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime (Post 37384)
I'm a Bionicle fan too, and Lego Star Wars. I can't wait until the release of Takanuva this summer, but why did the have to give him black armor? He's the Toa of Light !!!

He's half Toa of light, half Toa of shadow.

A shadow leeche attacked him (after a failed attempt at sending him to Karda nui via Brutaka's mask) but succeeded in draining only part of his light (being a Toa of light, he had too much light for the leeche to handle) and now he can spread shadow through his left hand, and shoot light from his right.

He's half and half. That's why some of his armour's black.

jacobot 02-15-2008 08:10 AM

Newest Bionicles on sale at TRU $7.97 a box from $12.99. I wonder if the little guy minicon types are too? Nope they cost more... $7.99

SPLIT LIP 07-12-2008 08:17 PM

*brushes dust off*

That didn't go as planned, but hey, always a chance to start anew!

Has anyone found the Mistika sets? They look freakin' sweet. (only downside is that they make last year's sets look bad by comparison. Well, the Toa half anyway)

Optimus_Prime 07-12-2008 08:29 PM

Well I don't have any Bionicles to buy until the Mistika are released, I already completed the Phantoka collection(well actually, my brother did, same house anyways). BTW I didn't see the Mistika at Scarborough Zellers today.

Sigma Magnus 07-12-2008 09:11 PM

Right here, have been collecting sets since 2001, but my 2001 & 2002 collection has gotten lost in pieces. My 2003-2006 collection is in pieces as well, & anything past 2007 has remained built. I also have built a few MOCs of my own, but, unfortunately, I cannot post pics, because I don't own a camera or webcam.

By the way, I am waiting for the Mistika to come. Only Phantoka set I need is Makuta Icarax, & that's a TRU exclusive.