Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   cybertron.ca members meet up ideas (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=39291)

sleeper323 04-05-2012 12:19 AM

cybertron.ca members meet up ideas

i thing we need to find a way for forum members to meet and chat at the tf con or any other opportunity for that matter
maybe a coffee night at some centralized meeting place once a month
anybody have some ideas or do any of you already do this and are willing to expand on your circle of friends
i would be interested

faustx 04-05-2012 12:38 AM

Re: cybertron.ca members meet up ideas

We'll be building some sweet sightings/hookups functionality into ShelfLife later this summer...keep your eyes peeled.

I've also hosted a few beer nights at my place to let people trade and hang out. Willing to do this again.

James

Nomad 04-05-2012 07:43 AM

Playdates ftw!

Super_Megatron 04-05-2012 07:50 AM

TFcon will have a message board meetup on the Friday night allowing fans to meetup with each other before the convention gets into full swing.

zuffyprime 04-05-2012 07:58 AM

great news :)
Where will the message board meetup be taking place?
I know they had a sweet bar at the hotel last year

sleeper323 04-11-2012 12:34 PM

no one else interested in setting up some kind of monthly transformers nerd meeting at a coffee shop in toronto or something similar

Shockwave 75 04-11-2012 01:12 PM

Not that I'm against the idea of a meetup, but I have found that many people are very reluctant to do it in a public place because many are still "in the closet" about their toy collecting/nerdisms. So they don't really relish the idea of "outing" themselves in a large group in public.

Which is too bad cuz meetups can be fun. Most would likely be more comfortable in a setting like at TFCon, where everybody is a nerd like them and they won't face any judgements.

Autobotz24 04-11-2012 04:20 PM

I flaunt my geekness everywhere. Even wore my nice button-up Megatron t-shirt to one of mt best friend's wedding. He actually requested it or I couldn't go

Metroplex79 04-11-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleeper323 (Post 422847)
no one else interested in setting up some kind of monthly transformers nerd meeting at a coffee shop in toronto or something similar

I wouldn't mind going to a meetup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 (Post 422853)
Not that I'm against the idea of a meetup, but I have found that many people are very reluctant to do it in a public place because many are still "in the closet" about their toy collecting/nerdisms. So they don't really relish the idea of "outing" themselves in a large group in public.

Which is too bad cuz meetups can be fun. Most would likely be more comfortable in a setting like at TFCon, where everybody is a nerd like them and they won't face any judgements.

But in public, you'd be surrounded by like minded people, and possibly dressed the same. Kinda like a gang...but....if that is true, and certain individuals don't want to be in the public eye, who in Toronto area has the biggest backyard?.....with a good fence.

TheLogicalProwl 04-11-2012 04:59 PM

I wouldn't mind doing a meetup. I doubt anyone would do cosplay (at least I hope). ANy others interested in the Toronto area?