Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PC-06 Perfect Effect CW Devastator kit (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=63896)

innermanchild 04-27-2016 11:31 PM

PC-06 Perfect Effect CW Devastator kit

Has anyone put this set onto their CW Devastator? I'm thinking of getting it to upgrade my Devy and was wondering if it was any good.

Thanks!

CanBot 04-28-2016 02:10 AM

Re: PC-06 Perfect Effect CW Devastator kit

I have no clue, but there's a couple sets out there for upgrades. I'm strongly considering one I saw on this site not long ago, but of course can't remember the damn name. The hands seemed to match a lot better, IMO. With the replacement 'cab toe', it really made it look far more G1. I'm seriously tempted, but these sets are so damn expensive.

JohnathanKong 04-28-2016 09:07 AM

I have this set on my devy. I didn't put the shoulders in because I watched reviews on how the fit was too tight and it risks stressing out the plastic. Other than that, everything else looks great. The only problem is, it's an expensive price if you're just going to hands, cab, scoop and hook.

xueyue2 04-28-2016 09:38 AM

What I read is the X-2 is a better upgrade-it for IDW Dev, so I ordered from uncle Billy... after 2 months I still haven't received it. So I can't really tell.

Matrix_Holder 04-28-2016 11:50 AM

I don't like the X2 set for one main reason, the shoulders sit way too high and it looks very awkward, I picked up the perfect effect set and love it. The Mixmaster cab is incredible and makes a huge improvement.

innermanchild 04-28-2016 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder (Post 689315)
I don't like the X2 set for one main reason, the shoulders sit way too high and it looks very awkward, I picked up the perfect effect set and love it. The Mixmaster cab is incredible and makes a huge improvement.

What about the hands? I heard they're loose. Does the color match or is it obvious that it's a different piece?

laffy 04-28-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innermanchild (Post 689323)
What about the hands? I heard they're loose. Does the color match or is it obvious that it's a different piece?

Out of the boxes sadly they are.. BUT theirs a replacement set of joints (talk to the supplier when you buy the set , their free) it makes all the difference. I was scared to add the shoulder parts but I bit down and put them on and if your not into disassembling your Dev. this set by far looks the best compared to the X2 set.

Jeem 04-28-2016 02:05 PM

I have preordered the DNA DK-01 Upgrade Kit.

I prefer the head mold and they have the articulated hands in that set
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...00&mode=retail

Masta_Skidz 04-28-2016 02:23 PM

That is one of the better kits I have seen I hope that it comes out I will track one down.

Matrix_Holder 04-28-2016 02:52 PM

I got my replacement joints for the hands from madhause toys and they work perfectly now.