Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So many Megatron figures (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=65730)

Marcotron 09-07-2016 10:10 AM

Re: So many Megatron figures

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uberman (Post 706783)
One vote for Combiner Wars!

'Cause that's the one I have, and have this far successfully avoided the cash-absorbing black hole called 3rd Party.

I also have the Combiner Wars figure. It looks pretty spot on in bot mode. The head is perfect. Chest looks good too. He looks good between MP Soundwave, and G1 Shockwave.

Dangard Ace 09-07-2016 10:39 AM

Have:
Appolyon but bot proportions are off for me. Otherwise it's nice.
CW Megs. It's okay. Seriously considering selling him as he doesn't scale with anything else. Will trade for CW Sky Lynx. :D

Getting DX9 as he looks G1 Toon megs. Calves look weird but I can deal with that after seeing Sixo's pics.

MT Despotron looks too chunky, like Dreamwave G1 Megs. If that's your thing then yeah it's a great looking bot but for me not grabbing me as a must buy.

Longshot 09-07-2016 11:23 AM

I'm honestly torn between DX9 and Maketoys but I am leaning towards the beefier Maketoys.

positivelyken 09-07-2016 11:25 AM

Since I haven't gotten into 3rd party figures, CW Megatron is currently my favorite. He scales almost perfectly with official Masterpiece figures, which is where he's being displayed in my collection (until we get an official MP Megatron 2.0 anyhow).

Roadhammer 09-07-2016 12:46 PM

I regretted not being able to find a CW Megatron...until I saw the TR Voyager we'll be getting in a few months. That's the Megatron I want; his robot borrows quite a lot of visual cues from MTMTE Megatron, and I really, really like MTMTE Megatron. So that's the one I want.

Xtreme987 09-07-2016 01:40 PM

Another vote for CW Megs. Just cause I don't feel like going in debt for the 3rd party offerings.

predahank 09-07-2016 01:44 PM

I really wanted to like the maketoys version but it just looks like a brick to me. That being said, Appollyon will remain my mp scale megs.

I would add that cw meg is a hell of a bargain, especially if he purchased at the $30 sale price

thebobkat 09-07-2016 03:49 PM

Going with Maketoys Despotron. I got to handle it at TFCon and loved how it matched the slightly stylized aesthetic of MP-10 Optimus. A lot of people seem to be complaining about the face or expression shown on the photos but it comes with like 2 or 3 other faces along with the stock one so you have a few to choose from. IMO, the photos are a bit deceiving (weird lighting/angles?) - it's not actually as stout as it looks when you have it in hand. It's certainly more stylized than Mightron or Apollyon, but like I said I think it matches MP-10's aesthetic more closely than the others.

I like it enough that I'm selling my Apollyon and replacing it.

Shepp 09-07-2016 04:18 PM

What? No love for Robotmasters Rebirth Megatron?

Here's a tangent:
Anyways, if looking for a G2-ish bayverse Megatron, I'd suggest movie 1's Brawl with a Megatron head. I experimented with the deluxe figure and Wreckage's head. Still transforms, looks sufficiently deadly, and has a decent arm cannon on the correct arm. I suppose the Leader class would work with a head swap from some other Megatron.

DCompose 09-07-2016 04:29 PM

Combiner wars from that list.

There is no better Megatron toy than the original G1.

To go further. There is no better Transformers toy, period, than G1 Megs :)