Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Beast Wars-How has it aged? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=24251)

Dragon Knight 07-08-2010 12:17 AM

Beast Wars-How has it aged?

Looking back at Beast Wars, how well do you think it's aged compared to some of the stuff we see today?

GMfan 07-08-2010 12:40 AM

Re: Beast Wars-How has it aged?

Very well

General Tekno 07-08-2010 12:41 AM

Very well, in my opinion.

The CGI is kinda dated, yes. But the actual ANIMATION of said CGI, which is really what counts, still holds up today. The rigging and animation of the models was REALLY well-done.

Plus, great writing, great voice actors, and great characters contribute as well.

Malwave 07-08-2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon Knight (Post 250477)
Looking back at Beast Wars, how well do you think it's aged compared to some of the stuff we see today?

Beast wars has aged well man; still considered to be the best Transformers reboot/cartoon by many fans.

Hell I bet nearly anyone who watches it nowadays will still laugh at it. That's more than I can say for shows like Energon :p. (yeah, I said it :D)

terrordrone 07-08-2010 12:50 AM

they tried. I will give them that.

jackwacko 07-08-2010 02:01 AM

It was the best damn thing I saw as a kid.. as a new immigrant in this country the concept of 3-dimensional talking animals transforming into awesomely badass robots blew my mind. And it still brings me to a smile everytime I watch it.

in conclusion: It aged well.

Dark Rage 07-08-2010 02:49 AM

Like wine and cheese: It gets better with age.

I noticed that most Mainframe Entertainment (Nor Rainmaker Animation) shows in those days (90's) start off with mediocre CG, but after a few seasons, become ridiculous fluid/rich in colour. Such as Beast Wars/Reboot.

jackwacko 07-08-2010 03:09 AM

I'm probably gonna get shot for this but... I thought Beast... Machine... was pretty cool? "runs and hides" The animation was just so fluid, and some of the fight scenes were pretty cool. Though the transformation was near impossible to reproduce as toy.

Lacimehc 07-08-2010 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackwacko (Post 250522)
I'm probably gonna get shot for this but... I thought Beast... Machine... was pretty cool? "runs and hides" The animation was just so fluid, and some of the fight scenes were pretty cool. Though the transformation was near impossible to reproduce as toy.

I just finished watching Beast machines a few weeks ago and I thought it was pretty good, a lot better than I remembered. I just didn't care much for the ending...

jackwacko 07-08-2010 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacimehc (Post 250523)
I just finished watching Beast machines a few weeks ago and I thought it was pretty good, a lot better than I remembered. I just didn't care much for the ending...

The existence of Optimus Primal, in his technorganic form.. and fighting Primal Prime? That was the most confusing part of my childhood.. Ya.. the ending was kinda meh.. also half the series felt like pretty hippie..