Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Value Village: what are your Transformers findings? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=43895)

jimsupreme 11-09-2007 04:29 AM

Value Village: what are your Transformers findings?

so i was doing my weekly TF parts search at my local value village and I cam across a really cool find, the Canadian/European exclusive figure Stalker. Stalker was later repainted in the machine Wars series as soundwave now, he's not mint or anything but still it's a really cool find for $1.99 in my opinion :)

Jim

Synch 11-09-2007 04:37 AM

Re: A cool Value Village find ! ^_^

I've found goodies there too I forget what :D

never see anything g1 though :S

jimsupreme 11-09-2007 07:48 AM

i have found many g1 figures at the value village, usually in really bad condition but, still... best one I ever found was a mint, with weapon Blaster for $5.99, found many a seeker too missing wings etc and even some micromasters and a mint beachcomber.

needless to say, i love value village ^_^

jim

jourdo 11-09-2007 11:55 AM

I have never found anything at Value Village (except creepy people and a funny smell). I may have to try again though.

QuadESL63 11-09-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jourdo (Post 28883)
I have never found anything at Value Village (except creepy people and a funny smell). I may have to try again though.

The Calgary NE one is dismal... racks and racks of previous "enjoyed" "personal garments" :rolleyes: Oh well... I did savage a couple of old Sega Genesis controllers a while back.

You really need to be there more often because there are some people hovering around constantly to fish for collectibles, vintage cameras, etc. I know someone who once scored a few old rangefinders and sold them for a considerable amount :eek:

beatrush 11-09-2007 01:12 PM

For awhile I worked near a value village and I found a lot of goodies. Some notable ones were:

-G1 Slag (was in ok condition with a loose jaw) for $3
-Neo Geo Cart System with no controllers for $20
-Chrono Trigger for SNES for $30
-Full Devistator except scavanger had a broken bucket and hook had a missing foot for $10
- Alternator Meister for $10

Team Jetfire 11-09-2007 02:12 PM

I have never found anything for me, but my son found a bunch of origonal joe figures in really good condition.

Even had a v1 storm shadow in the bunch.

Icetron 11-09-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jourdo (Post 28883)

Yeah, same here. I don't even think the VV near me even sells any toys, I went in that one time only...

Robimus 11-09-2007 04:07 PM

Value Village is the worlds greatest toy store! I've posted up most my finds over the past year on the boards here. I've found lots of G1 Transformers, Beast Wars, Vintage GiJoe and Star Wars, Beast Wars series on VHS etc..... I stop by at least once a week to the two I pass on the way to my work, plus one thrift shop which I found my Beast Wars Megatron at for $1.49. My latest VV find was I Beast Wars Depth Charge for &5.99.

Aernaroth 11-09-2007 05:05 PM

Did stalker have his giant icbm and his parts and such?

jimsupreme 11-09-2007 07:16 PM

nope, he did not but still was a cool find none the less.

Autovolt 127 11-10-2007 10:19 AM

Found The Armada Autobots Happy Meal toys.

Super PrimeZ 11-10-2007 10:59 AM

Found an Energon UniCron missing some pieces for around $5 on one of their big sales days.

the.mitten 11-10-2007 08:39 PM

Found an optimus primal today missing his ape-face, but and a cover, but for $3 i can't complain

SMOG 11-11-2007 01:30 AM

I find good stuff there every now and again. A couple of weeks ago, it was a Holotech Zoids Shield Liger (unbuilt, all parts) for $4.

I've found lots of BW toys there, lots of Lego, lots of Bionicle stuff for parts... a complete Games Workshop miniature combat Battle Masters game ($6).

My fave find was a year or so ago... all 5 original G1 Predacons! They didn't have any accessories (waaah, no Predaking!), but they were completely unbroken and intact. $4. :)

zmog

miasboytoy 11-11-2007 06:28 AM

g1 overlord no parts, snapdragon with hm, all 5 predacons. you name it i found it at vv lol. overlord has to top my list tho.

the.mitten 11-16-2007 07:11 PM

Found a G1 Sandstorm today mixed in a bag of other crap. Also bought a huge parts/accessories lot of GI Joe vehicles for $3.

jimsupreme 11-19-2007 04:50 PM

was there today and found a near complete R.I.D.(i believe, looks that way by the color scheme) Ruination , for $5.99 one of my best finds... EVER...

Pascal 11-19-2007 05:04 PM

Stealing from the poor kids. You should be ashamed! :)

jimsupreme 11-19-2007 05:08 PM

lol I only get figures I don't already have I leave the others for the kids. and there were plenty of Beast wars figs.

Spacemonkey 11-19-2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 29853)
Stealing from the poor kids. You should be ashamed! :)

Lol! In another way a part of the little cash he pay for goes to some charity organization.

Robimus 04-23-2008 01:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Got a G1 Red Alert today at VV. :D Best $1.99 I ever spent.....

Attachment 677Attachment 678

onecoin 04-23-2008 02:49 AM

Good job! So jealous of you right now.

CobraCommander 04-23-2008 06:20 AM

Damn, that's sweet! Still need one myself :D

-KG- 04-23-2008 11:23 AM

Nice! Last week at VV I saw a movie battle damaged OP, Arcee, Starscream and a classics Ramjet. I passed on them though..

lars573 04-23-2008 11:31 AM

The VV here sucks. I've never seen any sweet toy gems. :(

Robimus 05-17-2008 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The last two weeks have been fairly good.

Attachment 760

Found two of the Optimal Optimus but the other is in really bad shape.

Nocturn 05-17-2008 05:17 PM

Never. Seen. Anything.

brr-icy 05-17-2008 05:22 PM

nothing here either

devilsknight 05-17-2008 10:33 PM

Never. Seen. Anything. Cause. I. Never. Have. Looked.

Then again I should seeing it's next door to the Toys R Us in Brampton !?

Benzo 05-17-2008 10:43 PM

every time I got to Value Village I never find any TF's :(

dak 05-17-2008 11:13 PM

my GF's dad always seems to find some stuff for me. The last few times he's picked up some junker Movie TF's and the best haul was a near mint soundwave with Buzzsaw, buzzsaws chrome pieces, and just missing the battery weapons.

-KG- 05-18-2008 09:37 AM

I saw Cybertron Metroplex and Prime last week, in great condition with no accessories. I'm still waiting to find anything G1. But they do have a ton of Atari 2600 games!

Scrapper6 05-18-2008 02:06 PM

My only find so far was the Divebomb and Cruellock Terrorcons I scored as part of my army. The last time I checked they had nothing I wanted, I did see an Energon Demolishor though and I believe an original Go-Bot possibly from Puzzler in a bag with a Hasbro Playschool Go-Bots Green Repaint of Strong-Bot. Of course I didn't buy it though because I had no need for either of them.

If I checked them again I would hope to actually find some more Terrorcons, the two I got were loose complete except Divebomb who was missing his Energon Star.

Skywarp's Shadow 05-18-2008 09:57 PM

Is there a VV in Surrey?

Jonnydark 05-18-2008 10:06 PM

Best thrift store find evar:

mint, loose, complete (with instructions) G1 Metroplex.. (Even had scampers little gun)

loose c6, Red Alert with gun and launcher.

Loose C8 defensor with unaplied stickers (stickers still on sheets) and most weapons.

all for 12.00$

JonoPrime 05-21-2008 10:48 AM

Haven't seen anything at the London Value Village or Goodwill ... Still keeping an eye out for something though!

Zeralia 05-21-2008 06:47 PM

I never though to check a Value Village for TFs. Now I'm going to have to see if they have anything. :P

MangaSpawn64 05-22-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonnydark (Post 52417)
Best thrift store find evar:

mint, loose, complete (with instructions) G1 Metroplex.. (Even had scampers little gun)

loose c6, Red Alert with gun and launcher.

Loose C8 defensor with unaplied stickers (stickers still on sheets) and most weapons.

all for 12.00$

HOLY CRAP !!!! :eek: That was a steal.

Can't wait to get my Encore in the next few months :)

tilallr1 05-23-2008 08:43 AM

Is there a certain day of the week or month that is better to visit for new stuff than others? Or are the constantly added new items.

Everytime I have checked in on them I find nothing. Any tips?