Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Toysnowman.com PreOrder/Online Sightings (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=83215)

UsernamePrime 07-10-2021 05:18 PM

Toysnowman.com PreOrder/Online Sightings

TSM is a sponsor so sightings thread is worth while. Also well known for their tacos.

It's pay up front with free ship on $100+ orders. Great store.

UsernamePrime 07-10-2021 05:21 PM

Re: Toysnowman.com PreOrder/Online Sightings

RNSrobot 07-10-2021 05:27 PM

Recommended, three orders, all good. They're very transparent and helpful on social media and online.

Yonoid 07-10-2021 06:00 PM

I used them a few times. Fast shipping and they psck items very well.

cr3d1t 07-10-2021 06:12 PM

Toysnowman gets all my transformers money.

Wheelwave 07-10-2021 06:35 PM

I just hope they can fulfill my Conehead order.

AgeofTransformers 07-10-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheelwave (Post 842570)
I just hope they can fulfill my Conehead order.

Yeah don't expect that.......I don't know why Amir hadn't labelled they to cancelled yet. Especially when they were cancelled from Hasbro themselves....

Robbler 07-11-2021 08:09 AM

Placed my first order through them on during the early morning hours on Thursday, picking up some bots that have been on my wishlist for awhile (and at a cheaper price than other stores), and it was shipped out same day. Impressed so far.

Ransak The Elder 07-11-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgeofTransformers (Post 842571)
Yeah don't expect that.......I don't know why Amir hadn't labelled they to cancelled yet. Especially when they were cancelled from Hasbro themselves....

Is that what DJ collectibles told you? Curious how Hasbro didnt tell Amazon to cancel their preorders.

Transbot90210 07-11-2021 09:43 AM

I just got my Netflix Nemesis Prime from them. I will be using them again. I also recommend.

GodzillaPrime 07-19-2021 12:41 AM

AgeofTransformers 07-19-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder (Post 842594)
Is that what DJ collectibles told you? Curious how Hasbro didnt tell Amazon to cancel their preorders.

Same that DJC told me..... same as A3U, BBTS, EE......all other retailers have cancelled theirs...not to mention my store had them cancelled on us, from Hasbros part

Hasbro didn't even know about Amazon Canada not fulfilling a single order of the ConeHeads....Question was asked in the May Fan First Friday reveal where it was admitted they had no idea. Amazon isn't going to be forced to cancel anything from Hasbro....they got that Amazon money the moment Amazon wanted a exclusive. And if you believe Amazon is somehow going to produce a preorder that's now 367 days old.....well then you believe that.

BlackZarak 07-19-2021 08:07 PM

Thumbs up for Toysnowman. I was in Montreal on vacation this past week and Amir was nice enough to open up his store on a weekend (they were closed), to have me pick up my order. He didn’t need to do that, but it was really gracious and I really appreciated it. A stand up guy that deserves your business.

zirew_85 07-19-2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgeofTransformers (Post 843153)
Same that DJC told me..... same as A3U, BBTS, EE......all other retailers have cancelled theirs...not to mention my store had them cancelled on us, from Hasbros part

Hasbro didn't even know about Amazon Canada not fulfilling a single order of the ConeHeads....Question was asked in the May Fan First Friday reveal where it was admitted they had no idea. Amazon isn't going to be forced to cancel anything from Hasbro....they got that Amazon money the moment Amazon wanted a exclusive. And if you believe Amazon is somehow going to produce a preorder that's now 367 days old.....well then you believe that.

Bbts, ee, a3u never had these coneheads up for preorder in the first place so I'm curious to know how are you so sure that they were canceled on them? Also is toysnowman gonna risk his reputation with taking preorders on a product that is supposedly canceled and cant be fulfilled?

According to toysnowman himself the preorders are still good on his side during the time that the coneheads were being canceled at other stores, so thats why i find it hard to believe with what you're saying

RNSrobot 07-19-2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zirew_85 (Post 843191)
Bbts, ee, a3u never had these coneheads up for preorder in the first place so I'm curious to know how are you so sure that they were canceled on them? Also is toysnowman gonna risk his reputation with taking preorders on a product that is supposedly canceled and cant be fulfilled?

According to toysnowman himself the preorders are still good on his side during the time that the coneheads were being canceled at other stores, so thats why i find it hard to believe with what you're saying

Same.

Ransak The Elder 07-19-2021 11:47 PM

Quote:

same

The Nemesis 07-20-2021 01:11 AM

Quote:

I get the impression that the "canceled orders" are from the original wave that never arrived. The one that we all ordered last August or whatever it was. It ties into the referencing that Hasbro had no idea the original run of Amazon pre-orders were never fulfilled

It almost makes me think there's a bit of a wires crossed issue here and the poster thinks we're all still waiting on last year's pre-orders rather than the second wave pre-orders that went up a couple months ago from assorted specialty retailers like ToySnowman

delrue 07-20-2021 01:22 AM

There were a few other stores that offered these as a preorder when Toysnowman did, but TS is the only one who is still claiming to be getting their order.

I feel like most places were wise and never bothered to put these up until they knew for sure they are getting them.

The question is why Toysnowman seems so confident they are still receiving theirs when all the other places backed out.

RNSrobot 07-20-2021 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delrue (Post 843209)
There were a few other stores that offered these as a preorder when Toysnowman did, but TS is the only one who is still claiming to be getting their order.

I feel like most places were wise and never bothered to put these up until they knew for sure they are getting them.

The question is why Toysnowman seems so confident they are still receiving theirs when all the other places backed out.

Cos dude outright said in one of his FB posts he has heard no newe about cancellation, and if he does, he will let everybody know. You're making a weird thing about this.

alternatorfan 07-20-2021 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 843210)
Cos dude outright said in one of his FB posts he has heard no newe about cancellation, and if he does, he will let everybody know. You're making a weird thing about this.

This x2

Yeah wait for bad news dont cause it.

Ransak The Elder 07-20-2021 08:57 AM

Its an amazon exclusive so why would any of these places actually have it originally? In some parts of the world exclusives are just normal retail. Waves of coneheads hit UK in April and Asian more recently so there is more being made.

RocketGTR 07-20-2021 10:39 AM

Chatting with the fellows at A3U and they had the option to "order" the Coneheads from their distributors but they didn't want to put up pre-orders until they could get an actual 100% guarantee that they would get stock.

Of course they never put up an order on their site and then all the news about cancellations started hitting some of the other retailers.

RodimusRocks 07-20-2021 10:49 AM

So should we email ToySnowman then to see if he's still going to get them?

RocketGTR 07-20-2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodimusRocks (Post 843225)
So should we email ToySnowman then to see if he's still going to get them?

His official word is he's getting. No point in hounding the fellow as he's already gotten a lot of those types of emails.

If he gets them, he gets them. If he cancels then sucks but what can you do. Not like there are any other options currently.

theoneyouknowleast 07-20-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocketGTR (Post 843227)
His official word is he's getting. No point in hounding the fellow as he's already gotten a lot of those types of emails.

If he gets them, he gets them. If he cancels then sucks but what can you do. Not like there are any other options currently.

Basically, this ... let hope the outcome is favorable for us all

Malechai 07-20-2021 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I asked Amir in June. he confirmed that he had received 2 confirmations from his distributor that hes getting them. Of course, theres no guarantees in anything. Heres what he said:

VidzxVega 07-26-2021 05:17 PM

Has anyone ordered Galvatron from this site before? Giving them a go as my preorder situation has been a nightmare and am wondering on what my chances for proper shoulders are.

Yonoid 07-26-2021 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VidzxVega (Post 843586)
Has anyone ordered Galvatron from this site before? Giving them a go as my preorder situation has been a nightmare and am wondering on what my chances for proper shoulders are.

I got mine from them and it had the wrong shoulders. Seems like every retail in Canada has been the same.

But honestly the quick workaround of flipping them up and rotating looks good enough.

RNSrobot 07-26-2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yonoid (Post 843587)
I got mine from them and it had the wrong shoulders. Seems like every retail in Canada has been the same.

But honestly the quick workaround of flipping them up and rotating looks good enough.

Folks have been getting correct shoulders from finding on Walmart and tru shelves.

This is PURELY spiralling, but if it was a running change, it would make sense that pre-orders would all end up from the first incorrect batch?

evenstaves 07-27-2021 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yonoid (Post 843587)
wrong shoulders

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 843588)
correct shoulders

Man, so many people reported getting/finding "bad shoulders", and so few people reported finding "good shoulders"

Makes me wonder if it's like one instance, like UW Motormaster's waist
And if everyone shouldn't just "expect" to get bad shoulders because that's the figure?

(said the guy who doesn't have Kingdom Galvy yet)

Transbot90210 07-27-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 843588)
Folks have been getting correct shoulders from finding on Walmart and tru shelves.

This is PURELY spiralling, but if it was a running change, it would make sense that pre-orders would all end up from the first incorrect batch?

Are they though? I have seen many claim they have the right shoulders and it is not. This is because the figure looks very different in hand and the shoulders don't look bad. I went thought this and couldnt tell if the shoulders were right until I removed him from the box.

xueyue2 07-27-2021 09:06 AM

Any word about when the Ark will be shipped out? I contacted Toysnowman yesterday through email, but not reply yet.

Goaliebot 07-28-2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xueyue2 (Post 843642)
Any word about when the Ark will be shipped out? I contacted Toysnowman yesterday through email, but not reply yet.

Just got my shipped email for it a few minutes ago!

xueyue2 07-28-2021 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goaliebot (Post 843766)
Just got my shipped email for it a few minutes ago!

thanks, me too!

VidzxVega 07-28-2021 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transbot90210 (Post 843640)
Are they though? I have seen many claim they have the right shoulders and it is not. This is because the figure looks very different in hand and the shoulders don't look bad. I went thought this and couldn't tell if the shoulders were right until I removed him from the box.

I've sort of been wondering the same thing. I've seen 4 in person as of this point (with one more on the way for a friend) and every single one has had the shoulder joint issue.

Only one I've seen 'correct' is the photo that was posted to tfw2005 back in June.

WFC Leaders haven't really stuck around long enough for assembly variants before either so I'm skeptical that there is a differently assembled variant out there in any significant numbers.

MilanX3 08-01-2021 12:39 AM

I was wondering about the Coneheads and Amazon's recent cancellation, perhaps since it is no longer exclusive to Amazon in Canada, they either abandoned it or are not able to sell it as it might be now exclusive to independent retailers and not big box like Amazon, Walmart or Target in the US.

Asia did have a release, but it was also a Takara Tomy Mall exclusive in April. Aliexpress and Asian EBay sellers had the set at that time for inflated prices, as the TTM release is alot more expensive and the upcharge on the rarity of the set.

I was unaware of the UK release, was it obtained through Amazon UK? Is it hard to get from the UK now?

Hopefully Toysnowman's Distributor is on track and orders can get fulfilled, and maybe it can be purchased finally on a second release.

Happy Hunting!

Iron Moose 08-01-2021 11:35 AM

I saw the correctly-assembled shoulder version in a comic store about a week ago. Downtown MTL. No pins visible, which I believe is the tell.

RNSrobot 08-01-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Moose (Post 844018)
I saw the correctly-assembled shoulder version in a comic store about a week ago. Downtown MTL. No pins visible, which I believe is the tell.

Not the tell. The shoulders are facing forward correctly either way. It's an inner assembly problem. The "wrong" shoulders sit lower than the correct. What the quick fix for the "wrong" shoulders is, is to rotate the shoulders up. That puts the pins forward but the shoulders are at the correct height.

In-hand it's shockingly harder to notice than in pics. Seriously.

Chigimus 08-01-2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 844021)
Not the tell. The shoulders are facing forward correctly either way. It's an inner assembly problem. The "wrong" shoulders sit lower than the correct. What the quick fix for the "wrong" shoulders is, is to rotate the shoulders up. That puts the pins forward but the shoulders are at the correct height.

In-hand it's shockingly harder to notice than in pics. Seriously.

The pins are facing backwards in all copies as intended, but it's easier than you think to tell whether or not the shoulders have been assembled correctly.

There is still room through the window to look at the top of the shoulder. If you see some blocky detailing, that's actually the underside of the shoulder joint the pin goes through:

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attac...-jpg.29133832/

The correctly assembled shoulder would still have the pins facing backward AND the joint has a smooth curved top without any detailing:

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attac...-jpg.29140347/

evenstaves 08-01-2021 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chigimus (Post 844023)
The pins are facing backwards in all copies as intended, but it's easier than you think to tell whether or not the shoulders have been assembled correctly.

There is still room through the window to look at the top of the shoulder. If you see some blocky detailing, that's actually the underside of the shoulder joint the pin goes through:

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attac...-jpg.29133832/

The correctly assembled shoulder would still have the pins facing backward AND the joint has a smooth curved top without any detailing:

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attac...-jpg.29140347/

Damn! That's the best pictorial evidence I seen of this so far
(never found a Galvy in the wild yet)