Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   International Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Combiner Wars Devastator Officially Reissued, Pre-Orders Live (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=81564)

Super_Megatron 12-18-2020 11:40 PM

Combiner Wars Devastator Officially Reissued, Pre-Orders Live

https://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/...0DPI_2000x.jpg

Hasbro has officially dropped pre-orders for the reissue of the Combiner Wars Devastator Gift Set which came out in 2015. Consisting of all 6 bots needed to make the mighty combiner, it looks to be a straight reprint. He’s retailing for $149.99 and is exclusive to Hasbro Pulse and Amazon in the USA. Hit the link below to check out Amazon or hit Pulse, your choice! Transformers Combiner Wars Devastator Box Set on Amazon The Transformers battle doesn’t get any bigger than this — and Transformers fans can decide who fights it! Transformers Generations Combiner Wars figures » Continue Reading.

The post Combiner Wars Devastator Officially Reissued, Pre-Orders Live appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...

Tiffster 12-19-2020 12:12 AM

Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Officially Reissued, Pre-Orders Live

Luckily I picked this up few years back when walmart cleared them out for $120 so it's a pass. But if you don't have him yet, it's freaking awesome go get it.

GotBot 12-19-2020 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffster (Post 827131)
Luckily I picked this up few years back when walmart cleared them out for $120 so it's a pass. But if you don't have him yet, it's freaking awesome go get it.

I totally second this.

evenstaves 12-19-2020 10:33 AM

Grabbed mine for (I think) $150 from a vendor at the Ottawa ComicCon, probably 4-5 years ago? I remember it was when CW was dying down anyways

Might have been cool to get the UW version, but mine is all Repro'd and got both PE kits, so I'm good

jdevil 12-20-2020 03:02 PM

Any idea if this guy is coming to Amazon.ca?

Dark Rage 12-20-2020 03:33 PM

At this rate, he'll be $225 CAD, if you follow the USD/CAD pricing comparison between Amazon Canada and Amazon US.

Tiffster 12-20-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Rage (Post 827214)
At this rate, he'll be $225 CAD, if you follow the USD/CAD pricing comparison between Amazon Canada and Amazon US.

That's more than it was five years ago for sure but Considering that Omega Supreme was $249, not far off their current pricing strategy and cheaper than ebay etc.

MahtimusPrime09 12-20-2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenstaves (Post 827146)
Grabbed mine for (I think) $150 from a vendor at the Ottawa ComicCon, probably 4-5 years ago? I remember it was when CW was dying down anyways

Might have been cool to get the UW version, but mine is all Repro'd and got both PE kits, so I'm good

Second this. I’ve got both PE kits but no Reprolabels. Looks so amazingly great!

Dark Rage 12-20-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffster (Post 827215)
That's more than it was five years ago for sure but Considering that Omega Supreme was $249, not far off their current pricing strategy and cheaper than ebay etc.

Hasbro will justify their pricing (higher producing costs, brand value, etc.).

Now people can buy the CW version or the new one. I'm assuming no changes will be made to the toy, just packaging.

CyberDragon10K 12-20-2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahtimusPrime09 (Post 827217)
Second this. I’ve got both PE kits but no Reprolabels. Looks so amazingly great!

The DNA Design kit is also a good one in lieu of the PE sets for those that just keep the big guy in combined mode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Rage (Post 827220)
Now people can buy the CW version or the new one. I'm assuming no changes will be made to the toy, just packaging.

I'd figure the packaging would remain the same since this is a reissue? Unless Hasbro bothered to redesign the box for other reissues...